always look on the bright side

full back

Man Utd v Lyon  Man Utd
Celtic V Barcelona  Barcelona
Liverpool v Inter Inter
Arsenal v AC   Arsenal
Chelsea v Olympiacos  Chelsea

magpie seanie

Agree with your read of it fullback. Stinker of a draw for Liverpool. Not the best for United (Fenerbahce, Olympiacos or Celtic would have been preferable) but still should advance. Arsenal v. AC will be brilliant and I think the Gunners youth will be the telling factor in a cracker. Celtic have no hope and Chelsea will rip the Greeks a new one.

Main Street

The full draw is

Celtic vs Barcelona
Lyon vs Man Utd
Schalke vs Porto
Liverpool vs Inter Milan
Roma vs Real Madrid
Arsenal vs AC Milan
Olympiakos vs Chelsea
Fenerbache vs Seville

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 21, 2007, 12:24:26 PM
Agree with your read of it fullback. Stinker of a draw for Liverpool. Not the best for United (Fenerbahce, Olympiacos or Celtic would have been preferable) but still should advance. Arsenal v. AC will be brilliant and I think the Gunners youth will be the telling factor in a cracker. Celtic have no hope and Chelsea will rip the Greeks a new one.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for Celtic either, but they have a terrific home record in Europe and took Milan to extra time in the second leg last year. United should take Lyon, while Arsenal v Milan is tough to call. Liverpool are always underdogs in these ties, yet they consistently come out on top. Inter will be tough, but if everyone is fit, Liverpool should give it a good lash.

T Fearon

Good enough draw. If Celtic can win at Paradise against Barca they are more than capable of scrapping a draw at Camp Nou, they have done so twice in this millennium already ;)

Laughable at the amount of eejits giving the goons a chance against Milan ;D As Man Ure and Liverpool found out last year, and Boca Juniors last weekend,when it comes to the Champions League and World Club Championship Milan are difference class

johnneycool

Liverpool vs Inter Milan

I hope Materazzi take great pleasure in kicking 7 shades of shite out of the liverpudlians seeing as he's a former toffee.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: johnneycool on December 21, 2007, 01:43:45 PM

Liverpool vs Inter Milan

I hope Materazzi take great pleasure in kicking 7 shades of shite out of the liverpudlians seeing as he's a former toffee.

I'm sure Materazzi has already forgotten about that unfortunate time in his career.

Over the Bar

Toughest draw United could have got and Lyon are probably a better team than some of the other first seeds.  However it's much better to have tough games than walks in the park against the likes of Olympiakos.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on December 21, 2007, 11:32:52 AM
Man Utd v Lyon  Man Utd
Celtic V Barcelona  Barcelona
Liverpool v Inter Inter
Arsenal v AC   Arsenal
Chelsea v Olympiacos  Chelsea

Amazing the way people still don't give Liverpool credit or a chance in Europe...
over the last 3 years they have beaten AC Milan,Barcelona,Juventus,Chelsea and everytime they are drawn against one of the so called bigger teams they are wrote off.,.Remember lads League form has nothing to do with how Liverpool play in Europe 

For me the winners out of the 5 British teams matches
Man United
Barcelona
Liverpool
AC Milan
Chelsea
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

happy enough with the draw, its a long way off until the matches and anything can happen with any of the clubs, form can go at the drop of a hat, wait and see.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TacadoirArdMhacha

Tough enough draw for United but while Lyon have some very talented individuals, they don't seem to be just as strong as previous years and you'd fancy United against a side that struggled past Rangers.

Chelsea will win handy, Arsenal and Liverpool will probably both start as outsiders but I'd prefer Arsenal's chances to Liverpool. Form and ability dictate that Liverpool aen't go enough either to advance or to challenge but they've confounded expectations before.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Norf Tyrone

Delighted with the draw truth be told. All 4 games involving English clubs should be very good, and the difficulty will be picking which one to miss!

I think Chelsea and Lpool are on the one night, so it'll be a flicking job on the other match night.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rav67

Man United and Chelsea will get through handy enough, I think Utd will win the whole thing this year.  Liverpool have it tough that's the tie of the round but would fancy them slightly as Inter have never really impressed hugely in Europe in the past few years.  Hard to judge the Gooners chances as you would fancy them on form but AC always seem to step it up in the Champions League when they have to, a lot of people are saying they are finished but its not that long since they humped Man U.  Celtic unfortunately have zero chance I think, the defence is a shambles away from home in Scotland and Europe so I can't see them restricting Messi et al to less than 4/5 goals over the two games which will be far too much of a hurdle.