Sanchez parts company with Fulham - i.e he was sacked !

Started by SeanSouth, December 21, 2007, 10:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSouth

Wesaysanchez no more........John Collins will enter the building shortly i would think.

Doogie Browser

Good riddance, he has been dining out on that victory over England for 2 years now, one of the biggest egos in football.

Rather convenient John Collins once of Fulhan resigned yesterday from Hibs

bingobus

Very bleak Christmas for Northern Ireland footballers who were hoping to be snapped up by Fulham when the window opens. Will the number of NI premiership players plumment once again?

full back

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 21, 2007, 10:45:03 AM
Rather convenient John Collins once of Fulhan resigned yesterday from Hibs

I thought Collins was being lined up for the Scotland job

nifan

It will if Fulham get relegated bingobus!

They need to get Brian McBride and Jimmy Bullard fit.

T Fearon

Great news! Surprised Al Fayad was taken in by Sanchez in the first place, a tosser who failed at Wycombe and led the six counties team to victories against dsinterested teams like England, Spain and Sweden, in matches that didn't really matter to their opponents. In my opinion Fulham let a good manager go in Chris Coleman in favour of this chancer.

Collins must get rid of the likes of Hughes (a flop at Villa and Newcastle), Baird and Healy (a basic reincarnation of Gerry Armstrong who was a failure at club level as well), all of whom are Championship standard players at best. I hope he does well.

T Fearon

I see Neil Lennon has expressed interest in the Hibs post. Who could he lead a team out to try and outdo the Celts?

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on December 21, 2007, 11:32:02 AM
I see Neil Lennon has expressed interest in the Hibs post. Who could he lead a team out to try and outdo the Celts?

In a game for mercenaries if they pay him enough he'll bite the hand off them and will gladly try and outdo the Celts.

Tony hawks

Tony its very sad esp. at this time of the year that you feel that you have to gloat about a man losing his job,this reflects badly upon you as a person and your christianity.

Jim_Murphy_74

Sanchez was seen in a top London hotel with John Delaney.

/Jim.

T Fearon

I doubt if he will be homeless. I felt sorry for Chris Coleman, but I bet he's laughing now. Sanchez' unbridled arrogance (remember he thought he could manage both the North of Ireland team and Fulham, no problem) induces little sympathy, I'm afraid. Hell slap it up him as we say ;D

Tony hawks

Tony have you ever heard of a concept call hubris nemesis?

bennydorano

Sanchez has always come across to me as very arrogant, not too keen on taking any blame.  I thought Collins departure was strange giving that he was waxing lyrical about Hib's proposed? new training facilities 2 dasy ago, he must be a cert for the Fulham job.

Orior

Quote from: Tony hawks on December 21, 2007, 11:44:29 AM
Tony its very sad esp. at this time of the year that you feel that you have to gloat about a man losing his job,this reflects badly upon you as a person and your christianity.

Crikey! Fans from opposing teams cant take delight in another teams problems. Have you ever stood at a football match mr hawks?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

I dislike Sanchez. His arrogance was also inflated by the fcukwits that pass for football journalists in the six counties who built him up to a Clough/Stein/Shankley like figure, conveniently forgetting that for every win over a disinterested team like England or Spain, there was a matching 3-0 home defeat to Poland and Iceland as well. They'fre repeating the same crap with Worthington now as well.

For what its worth I have more time for Sammy Mc Illroy as a person and as a football manager, who knew his limitations and got out at the right time, and is currently making sound progress at Morecambe and may yet go on to be successful at a higher level