american/european mobile phone question

Started by Puckoon, December 19, 2007, 09:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Right lads, Ive gotten (obviously) no clue when it comes to electronics.
My mum is over here at the minute and wants to buy a mobile that will work in america and europe so that when she comes to stay all she has to do is swap sim cards and so on. Can anyone give me some advice as to what she wants/needs? Is this what this tri-band is all about?

ziggysego

I think it is tri-band.

I know that America has a different system from the rest of the world.

tram is the man to ask about this. His technological knowledge knows no limits.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

maybe someone can get him a taxi over to the general discussion board. Tell him ill pick up the tab.

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on December 19, 2007, 09:20:30 PM
maybe someone can get him a taxi over to the general discussion board. Tell him ill pick up the tab.

Make sure you paid him in sterling, he wouldn't touch the dollar.
Testing Accessibility

magickingdom

i'm in the states quite a lot and use my mobile over there all the time, however roaming charges can be quite high. any tri band (or quad band) phone will work in europe and the states but you must inform your provider the first time your going to get set up for roaming. my brother who lives in the states has a ready to go phone in ireland which is a seperate sim and number from his regular US mobile and he justs switches it on when he comes to ireland (once/twice a year). if theres such a thing as a ready to go ph in the US i'd strongly recomend it..

DrinkingHarp

Puck,

Why not just by a prepaid cell phone for her here in the states. Walmart or a currency exchange should have them at a reasonable cost.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

stpauls