Donny Doherty diary in the Irish News

Started by ardasell, December 19, 2007, 04:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: time ticking away on December 27, 2007, 04:52:59 PM
i think todays article is the best so far. i thought the other two were horrible though
Good man Donny, well said! Pity it's horsedung that is about as funny as a visit to a hospice.Time for a bit of 'hands up' 'bit of a misjudgement' 'patronising the readers' and 'shit!!!!!' ....

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: red hander on December 27, 2007, 09:20:14 PM
'Time to train. Time to get fit. Time to play football.'

Time to get out of journalism...

Feck me! after that line I could just imagine the drum roll that signals the end of Eastenders starting up... Doof, Doof Doof, Dood Doof Doof, Da Da Da etc!!!!!

Maguire01

Awful yet again - holidays from work means i have time to read all of the paper, including this.

Was different this week though (not just because they splashed out on a new cartoon - woopieee!) - it was hard to tell whether it abandoned the attempt at comedy (partly because initial attempts themselves weren't funny!) in favour of a serious 'diary'.

Still a waste of a page - hope it doesn't stick around once the season gets busy and there are proper stories and features to run.

ONeill

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 28, 2007, 06:31:41 PM

Was different this week though (not just because they splashed out on a new cartoon - woopieee!) - it was hard to tell whether it abandoned the attempt at comedy (partly because initial attempts themselves weren't funny!) in favour of a serious 'diary'.

Spot on. Perhaps if it metamorphosised towards a serious diary it might sit better. Maybe it was that all along.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

overcarrying

Complete dung

its should be "a time to laugh a time to cry a time to live a time to die, with the emphasis on the die, let this tripe fade away and die

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Maguire01

A fictional character i assume - supposedly a county player.

Fear ón Srath Bán

And if Finner's just across the county border from him, a Fermanagh County player  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

T O Hare

biggest shit in the in news since neville rings tips
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

red hander

And there's plenty of shit comes out of Neville's Ring

Zapatista

I didn't finish reading this one. Someone PM me if he does anything interesting (like get dropped). I won't be checking out this thread anymore.

bennydorano

Neville Ring's 2 Irish naps win today at 9/4 & 7/4 (mr Aussie & Splurge)  :D Red Hand's also won at 7/2

Backed none of them of course.

Gold

i see it's advertised in todays paper as being back in tomorrow

can hardly wait
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ardmhachaabu

Holy God, I have never read worse drivel in my life.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Square Ball

Quote from: Gold on January 01, 2008, 04:50:15 PM
i see it's advertised in todays paper as being back in tomorrow

can hardly wait

must set the alarm and get up early. Can it get get any worse? was the first few only scene setting and now we will be down to the nitty gritty, whatever that will be?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid