Donny Doherty diary in the Irish News

Started by ardasell, December 19, 2007, 04:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardasell

the worst thing about it was I fcuked the irish news in the corner until about 15 minutes ago, when I read the joe kernan piece.  this is maybe why Paddy Heaney gets paid for his thoughts, and, if there is a God, young Donny will never have to.

It is not funny and it is not clever. But it is racist in the stage iorish sense, and why the Irish News keeps publishing it is not so much a mystery as a sin.

bennydorano

Wonder is it a regualr columnist? Now that would be embarrassing.  My guess is they're trying to knock off the very funny Ballybeag diaries and failing miserably(at the moment).

No1

It's about as funny as cancer.

Don't get me started on Maeve Connolly, but thats for another thread!

NAG

This is the kind of drivel that is perpetuating the myth (paisleyites) that the GAA is a country bumpkin organisation, when it is the most progressive and forward thinking sport organisation on this Island bar none.

The Irish News should have a better sense of its readership 'mainly gaa people' than to print this back water craggy island type stuff. If it is a regualr columnist then they should have enough wit to know that this is insulting to GAA people and that it should be removed as soon as possible.

You can say it supposed to be fun and all this but I am yet to get a laugh and it has actually made me angry reading it.

Woo feel better now!

Maguire01

It is pretty poor. Have read the 2 weeks to date and both have bored me. It also seems that the same illustration is to take up half a page every week - how tight is that?!

I'd prefer to read an extra Heaney or Tierney column - these are generally more entertaining whilst still actually saying something worthwhile!

SuperHans

God this article is pure dung! Its not the sort of angle the IN goes for.doesnt suit them at at all

corn02

Square Ball

like some thing out of Dick and Dora, " Katie is only seven, 10 years younger than Aine" brilliant.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

thewobbler

I'm a devil's advocate and unfortunately have an inate desire to see that both sides of a story get well represented.

But I can't argue with any of the sentiments here. This Donny rubbish should be withdrawn immediately, as it's embarrassing for all involved.

Minder

There are a few columnists in the IN that have an over inflated sense of their own importance, perhaps there is an ego out of control. Absolute horseshit.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Ah lads, think about poor wee Katie, aged 7 from Ballyvogue!  ::)
Tbc....

Guillem2

I know the Irish News editor, Noel Doran. Nice enough fella but he wouldn't know humour if it beat him around the face with a wet dish cloth.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

saffron sam2

I can only assume that the Irish News is trying to ape the relative success of Ross O'Carroll Kelly. And failing. Miserably.

I tried to read it, but my life is short and precious. Quite possibly the worst muck that has ever been published.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

stew

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 23, 2007, 08:43:33 PM
I can only assume that the Irish News is trying to ape the relative success of Ross O'Carroll Kelly. And failing. Miserably.

I tried to read it, but my life is short and precious. Quite possibly the worst muck that has ever been published.

So is it fair to say you have never read the news letter then?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Mum's friends like to call her a present from God. I don't know about that. All I know is that the old man had his own wee private visit to the hospital after she was born.

Oh God!  I stopped reading there.

If armagh4sam posted it with a few spelling mistakes yous would think it was hilarious  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?