Donny Doherty diary in the Irish News

Started by ardasell, December 19, 2007, 04:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

A Rhode lad I used to play with and against was called Paddy Stones, and he had a brother called Marius. Hence Marius Rock :D

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TORGAEL

Fantastic stuff AZ, thoroughly enjoyable reading.

Gold

absolutely brilliant read-- i enjoyed each and every one

and a fantastic result in the final

i hope they carry it on into Leinster!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

HowdyDoody

AZ Paddys still playin away in Boston

5 Sams

Fcuk sake AZ this should have a thread of its own....I only discovered it tonight cos I thought yiz were still talking about that muck in the Irish News :-\ :-\

Maith Thu Fein.....
The Aristocrat Years

AZOffaly

Unfortunately life did not imitate art on Saturday night as Shannonbridge defeated Ferbane 2-09 to 0-09.

I could write another chapter on the post mortem in Gleeson's and Hiney's that night. It was in Doon, so we didn't even get a chance to call into Gavin's.

In a twist from Declan Grennan's world, the Offaly championship is round robin initially, so there are 2 games left in the group against Tullamore (The county champions) and Rhode (The favourites). It'll be tough for Ferbane to not find themselves involved in a relegation play off at this stage.

Flex

Was heading to Galway from Dublin for a Stag this weekend.  Before getting to Galway, we were going to Pallas karting at Tynagh. 

Anyway, traffic was jammers at Moate on Saturday lunchtime so I took the left for Tober.  Sat Nav recalulated, and rather than taking me back on the main Dublin/Galway road, it took me via Offaly and Ferbane..!!!!!  ;D  Had never heard of the place until following the story on here...

No sign of Declan and the lads though..

AZOffaly

My campaign to raise Ferbane's profile is working ;) The Ferbane lads were all obviously preparing for the game against the 'Bridge.

pedro

Brilliant stuff AZ, fair play. The final brought hairs to my neck much the same way as Shane Hynes last minute goal in 2003 Louth SFC final against the Mary's. That drew us level and we went to win the replay. I'd imagine the scenes around Lordship were similar to Gavin's!

Now I think you need to take a few weeks off and recharge the batteries after a long, hard season and then prepare for the Leinster Championship  ;)
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Hardy

That's great work AZ. It's tremendously descriptive and you can almost touch the atmosphere it creates. Well done.

ONeill

Fcuk sake. Was hoping it was all a dream and he's a War Veteran with no legs.

Anyway, deadly stuff AZ. Thread 'o the year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

For anyone interested, Ferbane pulled off a great win over county Champions Tullamore last weekend in the county championship. Declan's performance is unreported at this time :D

behind the wire

pull that mask up a bit higher AZ, we can still see your face!!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Sam Maguire