Teachers

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, December 15, 2007, 08:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cville

Pah! Teachers .. the sons (and now daughters)  of the pig-ownng class of Ireland...!!! anti-intellectual sdlp shites

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on December 15, 2007, 09:23:29 PM
Quote from: Seany on December 15, 2007, 09:20:24 PM
I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.  Far better go for a nurse.  Guaranteed a blow job on the second night.

I know a couple of male nurses and they'd be outraged at that.

I know a couple of teachers who can supercede that.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 16, 2007, 12:00:43 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 15, 2007, 09:26:10 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on December 15, 2007, 09:22:09 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 15, 2007, 09:19:19 PM

There are a high percentage of teachers who have their heads up their arse - it's no coincidence that those type of people are drawn to the profession.

Would there be many like them on the Board, Pints?

Well only O'Neill really. 

But I do know quite a few teachers and I'd say at least half of them are like that. 
With you being in constant contact with teachers, would you agree or disagree with that view?

Like in any profession/trade you meet all sorts and it is unfair to make sweeping statements.  The vast majority of teachers are hardworking people who want the best for the children their care. I can't say that teaching attracts a particular personality type.  The workforce is usually a reflection of the nature of the economy at any point in time.  However, I respect your experience and opinion.

I'm not saying there aren't good teachers, there are a lot.
Though I do think that if you'll find a lot of people in teaching who are arrogant, head stuck up their arse, think they're in some high and mighty job when we all know if they would struggle in any other job. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Well Seany you really shot yourself on the foot on this one. Like your poll on the me Quinn, your support for teachers is going down the tubes.

Hope you had a nice evening in by your computer, I'll bet you're a phucking Pioneer as, like most teachers you'd be too miserable to buy drink.

I loved your quote 'Seany only deals in facts.' Anyone you refers to himself in the third person is an arrogant bollix.The only two people I can recall doing it are Paisley and Johnny Adair.

Aristotle Flynn

What a strange thread to start! Have you nothing better to be up to? It's neither funny nor clever.

Teachers play an important role in society and should be respected by all.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Seany

I note the time of your last post, Mighty.  4.41am.  Obviously fond of a few, are we?  I don't suppose I'll get an answer to this post until about 5 today when you have finally slept off the hangover paid for by taxpayers' money.  The Civil Service. Living proof of the maxim 'something for nothing'.  One of the biggest ironies is the dole office where the people looking for jobs are probably doing more work than those morons behind the glass.  And all these fancy titles you give yourselves; Staff Officer, Executive Officer, EO1, EO2, Under Secretary, Clerical Assistant, Clerical Officer. Catch yourselves on. At least a teacher is a teacher, a nurse is a nurse, a doctor is a doctor.  They don't have to award themselves silly inane titles to make themselves sound important.

pintsofguinness

QuoteTeachers play an important role in society and should be respected by all.

:D

Oh here's a teacher. 

Remember what I said;
QuoteThough I do think that if you'll find a lot of people in teaching who are arrogant, head stuck up their arse, think they're in some high and mighty job when we all know if they would struggle in any other job.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Guillem2

I've no time for teachers myself. Far too many of them are so used to talking down to kids that they take the same approach while outside the class room and dealing with adults.
My own experiences at school weren't good but I know they aren't all bad.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Was out for a few bevvies last night and there was a party of Teachers in the pub as well. You could tell they were teachers straight away as they had a kitty which they had to keep topping up with a fiver a time as they were too miserable to start it off with a £20 note in case they mightn't get their full money's wqorth. They kept insisting that everybody form an orderly queue at the bar and every  so often one or two of them would launch a raid on the toilets to check if there were any smokers in the cubicles.

One of the waitresses dropped a tray of empty glasses and as true as God's in heaven they started to cheer. Tossers

SouthArmaghBandit

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on December 16, 2007, 02:12:20 PM
Was out for a few bevvies last night and there was a party of Teachers in the pub as well. You could tell they were teachers straight away as they were insisting that everybody form an orderly queue at the bar and every  so often one or two of them would launch a raid on the toilets to check if there were any smokers in the cubicles.

One of the waitresses dropped a tray of empty glasses and as true as God's in heaven they started to cheer. Tossers

??? Why pick on teachers? I'm not one myself but they're no worse than any other profession IMHO>

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: SouthArmaghBandit on December 16, 2007, 02:14:47 PM
[
??? Why pick on teachers? I'm not one myself but they're no worse than any other profession IMHO>

Sure if I wasn't picking on teachers who would I be picking on!! This started as a general comment about my missus but as usual the teachers all had to leap in and defend their profession. Its not the profession I'm knocking its those who are employed in it.

Aristotle Flynn

It is now against the law to smoke in toilets so they were well within their rights.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Farrandeelin

Well I'm in my final year in college as a trainee teacher. I didn't think I'd be disliked by so many... :'(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

redcard

Quote from: Farrandeelin on December 16, 2007, 03:58:52 PM
Well I'm in my final year in college as a trainee teacher. I didn't think I'd be disliked by so many... :'(

What do you think of teachers Wayne?

ONeill

Nothing worse than heading out for a drink with teachers. 'Can you spell lager?', 'If I have £5.50 and buy one pint at £2.75, how much have I left?'. Tossers the lot of them. And they all wear corduroy jackets.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.