Capello set to sign huge contract

Started by GaillimhIarthair, December 14, 2007, 11:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: full back on December 14, 2007, 08:44:33 PM
If Capello gets shot of the prima 'f**king' donnas or a least gets them to change their ways the money will be well spent

but do people on here really give a f**k if England have a successful national team? Could you imagine if he is successful and they win something?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Puckoon

Quote from: full back on December 14, 2007, 08:44:33 PM
If Capello gets shot of the prima 'f**king' donnas or a least gets them to change their ways the money will be well spent

This was the concensus after McClaren came in and dropped Beckham, and it wasnt the issue then, nor will it be this time.

full back

IMHO they have an above average team, but for some reason they cant get the results on the field.
Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, A Cole, Rooney, J Cole, Neville are all players that feature regularly in the latter stages of the CL with their clubs.

ONeill

Anyone else notice the serious abuse Capello is getting in nearly all media outlets?

I can't work out whether it's more xenophobia from the English or a case of the hacks being red-faced about bumming the man up after qualification.

Capello should feck off and leave them to their own. Some shower.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Banana Man

yeah it's wild, before the world cup they were blowing smoke up his arse about the totalitarian nature of his management style and how it was jsut what England needed and banning the WAGs etc, now it's a case of the poor lads were on edge, not allowed to relax, needed a hug from their woman etc

they weren't long turning on him

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on August 16, 2010, 03:05:31 PM
Anyone else notice the serious abuse Capello is getting in nearly all media outlets?

I can't work out whether it's more xenophobia from the English or a case of the hacks being red-faced about bumming the man up after qualification.

They are just looking for someone to blame for their World Cup campaign.

1. The manager
2. The league structure
3. Not enough 'home grown' players in the league.

Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on August 16, 2010, 03:22:27 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 16, 2010, 03:05:31 PM

They are just looking for someone to blame for their World Cup campaign.

1. The manager
2. The league structure
3. Not enough 'home grown' players in the league.

4. Goal line technology
5. Sepp Blatter
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

In other news... what has Peter Crouch been at as have seen him and his missus on the front of the red tops all week?

RealSpiritof98

paco

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 16, 2010, 05:10:55 PM
In other news... what has Peter Crouch been at as have seen him and his missus on the front of the red tops all week?

Teenage hookers while on a stag do in Spain. On the England job, I don't know why Capello took it. He seems a smart enough man and is bound to have noticed that it's a sure-fire way to ruin your reputation as a coach. I can't think of any managers in recent times who have come out of the post without being destroyed by the British media. Has to be the worst job in football.

Main Street

Capello has the best job in football. He is getting paid a fortune to be a coach to a bunch of competent enough players, despite not demonstrating that he has a clue about this international managerial lark. He still does not know about the players he needs or a formation to get the best out of what he has got. He can't even place the players he does select to fit properly into the formation he eventually does plump for. And evidently all he has to do to placate the public negativity, is perform a few cartwheels when England do manage to score.

ONeill

ONeill

QuoteDuring Sky's build-up to Sunday's Community Shield, the camera focused in on the attendant Fabio Capello.  "He's lost something", noted Richard Keys, feigning concern in his voice.  Jamie Redknapp then made spectacular use of his hitherto unknown psychic capabilities to declare that "his aura is gone".

Redknapp, probably unintentionally, is right.  The bubblewrap is off and the media are out to get the Italian.  The Times' Paddy Barclay, who I usually have some time for, declared in this week's Game Podcast that Capello was, "the worst England manager [he] had ever seen".  Fabio Capello, who succeeded Steve McClaren.  Remarkable.

This week has seen a flurry of criticism hurled at the national coach.  The blame for the international retirements of Paul Robinson and Wes Brown has somehow been landed at his door.  Barclay was in bizarre form again, arguing that Fabio Capello should have checked that Robinson was happy to be called up before naming his squad.

Is this what International football has come to?

"Hi Paul, Fabio Capello here.  I'm thinking of offering you the chance to represent your country, doing the thing you love most.  I just wanted to warn you."

Sky's Sunday Supplement is devoid of intelligent analysis at the best of times – it usually consists of a bit of tub-thumping from one of the Custis brothers, and Henry Winter trying to argue that £30m is cheap for James Milner.  This Sunday it reached new depths.  The four cretins sat around the table decided that if Capello, as he recently confessed, knew that the English players fitness levels were not up to scratch, he should have announced it before the World Cup.

Can you imagine their reaction if, in his press conference before the USA game, Capello had stated, in his faltering English:

"The players no can run.  We have no chance."

There would have been pandemonium.

I've seen journalists arguing that Capello should have followed France's example and dropped all 23 members of the World Cup squad.  I'm not sure how helpful that would be as preparation for the Euro qualifiers.  At the same time, Harry Redknapp, whose family seem to be attempting to carry out a transparent and public sabotage of Capello's reign in a desperate attempt to land Daddy a job, has criticised the Italian for bringing in new blood.  He can't do anything right.

What's most infuriating is that everything Capello is criticised for now was deemed worthy of praise during our impressive qualification.  Being "authoritative" has become "treating the players like children".  "Keeping the players on their toes" has become "failing to prepare the team properly".  "Making brave decisions" has become "erratic".

The press seem annoyed because Capello has made them look like idiots.  They believed in him, and they believed in England.  So impressive was our qualification campaign that there isn't a paper that didn't toy with the idea of an England World Cup win.  When we failed, they were left hurt, and looking foolish.  Capello is an obvious target.

But it wasn't Capello out on that pitch in Bloomfontein.  It wasn't Capello who misjudged a bouncing goal-kick, failed to track runs, or was outsprinted at the crucial moment.  The Italian is a great manager – his record speaks for itself.  If the press hound him out now it will leave England in more disarray than ever.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ONeill