Coming out of the closet

Started by gerry, December 13, 2007, 11:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Since when has Mickey become a gay icon? I missed that memo.
Testing Accessibility

his holiness nb

Quote from: ziggysego on December 14, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
Since when has Mickey become a gay icon? I missed that memo.

Come on Ziggy, its a picture of a big mickey for feck sake  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

I don't even comment on yours holiness.... ;)
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Claw on December 14, 2007, 04:37:41 PM
Quote from: full back on December 14, 2007, 04:32:42 PM
Quote from: The Claw on December 14, 2007, 04:22:47 PM
I cant help wondering how he would have married in the first place...

I'm guessing in a church/chapel/registry office, said a few vows & Bob's your f**king uncle
OK... u might as well educate me on how he managed to have the two kids, bein gay and that

I've always wondered...(maybe snowedunder knows) do gay people feel the same way about having sex with someone of the opposite sex as a straight person would feel about doing it with someone of the same sex?

Plenty of gay people must have got married and went on to have children.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Well Pints, according to Stephen Fry. He said that the time he slept with a woman, it was nice but it didn't really do anything for him. However that's just Stephen Fry, so I'm sure it's an individual thing.
Testing Accessibility

his holiness nb

Quote from: ziggysego on December 15, 2007, 04:08:28 PM
I don't even comment on yours holiness.... ;)

Hey!!  >:(
Whats gay about a disco dancing banana??

Oh yeah  :-X
Ask me holy bollix

stephenite

Quote from: stew on December 14, 2007, 09:02:27 PM
homosexuality is an un-natural act

Is it though? Got chatting to a girl here in the office who's gay, she said she was always attracted to females and that anything else was unnatural to her. Do we define what's natural by what we think our reproductive instincts should be? Haven't a clue myself just wondered if a persons genetic programming is what makes us natural, not what society/morals or any other such bollocks decides.

Either way, given your own experiences recently I'd imagine if you repeated that comment in your own workplace Stew you'd be for the high jump yourself. A discriminatory/derogatory remark begging for a US lawsuit if I ever heard one, although in the States might that depend on what State you're in?

stephenite

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2007, 04:59:33 AM
Quote from: stephenite on December 19, 2007, 04:42:58 AM
Do we define what's natural by what we think our reproductive instincts should be?
Yes.

I think you might be right, scientifically speaking. As a species we are genetically designed to evolve and to protect our species we do this through reproduction, I think? Are homosexuals programmed differently genetically though, so therefore it's natural for them not to need to evolve, I find this stuff quite interesting. J70 seems to know his stuff when it comes Science etc, any ideas?

cavan4ever

Quote from: The Claw on December 14, 2007, 04:37:41 PM
Quote from: full back on December 14, 2007, 04:32:42 PM
Quote from: The Claw on December 14, 2007, 04:22:47 PM
I cant help wondering how he would have married in the first place...

I'm guessing in a church/chapel/registry office, said a few vows & Bob's your f**king uncle
OK... u might as well educate me on how he managed to have the two kids, bein gay and that

Would a diagram help explain it to u claw?

thejuice

Thanks cavan4ever that avatar, makes it safer to read this thread. Hoo-rrray for boobies.

Was reading a book called Bloody Sundays(nothing to do with Ireland)  about the behind the scences look at the NFL. Appartently there are a small number of gay players in the NFL, who are afraid to make themselves known, for fear of being beaten up by opponents, team-mates, fans, losing any endorsements, getting cut (for causing unrest in the locker room), fear of persecution from certain Christian denomination team-mates who believe that homosexuals are evil, sexual perverts.

Quite a shocker. one of these players who approached the author to tell his storey using a false name. When straight players were asked about whether they would be against gay team-mates some said they'd be very uncomfortable, others said they wouldnt act voilently towards them unless they were propositioned.

Another put an interesting perspective on it:

"I already play with men who beat their wives, and others who take hard drugs, playing with a homosexual would be very little to worry about"
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SeanSouth

What was it TO said about Jeff Garcia when they were both with the 49ers, alluding to him being gay, "When it looks like rat and smells like a rat well by golly its a rat" !!!

thejuice

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 19, 2007, 12:04:05 PM
What was it TO said about Jeff Garcia when they were both with the 49ers, alluding to him being gay, "When it looks like rat and smells like a rat well by golly its a rat" !!!

I thought it was MacNabb that he said that, although it was, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck............  But I've heard it being said several times that Jeff Garcia is gay. Wonder are there any gays playing GAA, but as Des Bishop says, there definately isnt any gays in the GAA because they wouldnt want to be seen dead in those awful jersies
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SeanSouth

Nah it was definetley Garcia, it was a few years ago.........I think they hated each others guts to be fair.

thejuice

Anyway, the point being, nevermind Ireland there are very few places around the world where being openly gay is acceptable.

Right, Ive been on this thread a bit too long and starting to feel uncomfortable, dont like the way micky mouse and that dancing banana is looking at me,  im off to look at the 50 sexiest women thread

Puckoon

Some of the science:

The neurodevelopment of human sexual orientation
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=16143171&ordinalpos=5&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

A critical review of recent biological research on human sexual orientation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=12836730&ordinalpos=10&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

The above paper isnt hyper linked to the full txt, but Im sure I could find a copy through the library system and email it if anyone was really really interested...

I think the science behind sexual orientation can be nutshelled for most of us in the following sentence taken from the abstract of the second link I posted:

"Genetic research using family and twin methodologies has produced consistent evidence that genes influence sexual orientation, but molecular research has not yet produced compelling evidence for specific genes".