Fitzgibbon 2008

Started by laoisgaa, December 13, 2007, 03:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoisgaa

ULSTER BANK FITZGIBBON CUP 2008
ALL MATCHES AT 2.00P.M. UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED - [E.T. if necessary]
Round Robin – 12 teams-4 seeded teams (3 division 1 group winners plus hosts U.C.D., U.C.C, U.L, C.I.T.)+ 8 non seeded (St. Pats, DIT, UUJ, LIT, NUIG, GMIT, WIT, Gardai)
4 groups of 3 teams top two in each group qualify for quarter finals.
A Group A – U.L. (Seeded), Waterford I.T., Limerick I.T.
B Group B – Cork I.T (Seeded)., N.U.I. Galway, D.I.T.
C Group C – U.C.C. (Seeded), Garda College, G.M.I.T.
D Group D – U.C.D. (Seeded), U.U.J., St. Patrick's College/Mater Dei
Round 1 - Wednesday, 30th January 2008
Round 2 - Wednesday, 6th February 2008
Round 3 - Thursday, 14th February 2008

Quarter – Finals by 20.02.08 Group Winners at home   
K Winner A Vs Runner Up B
L Winner C Vs Runner Up D
M Winner D Vs  Runner Up A
N Winner B Vs  Runner Up C
29.02.08 - Semi-Finals
O K Vs L
P M Vs N
Cork I.T.
Final – 01.03.08 (Sat) –
      O Vs P
Cork I.T.
ULSTER BANK RYAN CUP 2008

Round Robin – 12 teams-4 seeded teams (division 2 Semi finalists AIT, NUIM, TIPP INST/ST. PATS, SLIGO I.T.)+ 8 non seeded (QUB, DCU, TALLAGHT IT, CARLOW IT, MICL, TCD, TRALEE IT, CCFE)
4 groups of 3 teams top two in each group qualify for quarter finals.
A Group A – Tipperary Institute/St. Pat's (Seeded), Mary Immaculate College, Queen's University.
B Group B – IT Sligo (Seeded), Carlow IT, DCU.
C Group C – Athlone IT (Seeded), Cork Colleges of Further Education, IT Tallaght.
D Group D – NUI Maynooth (Seeded), Trinity College Dublin, IT Tralee.
Round 1 - Wednesday, 30th January 2008
Round 2 - Wednesday, 6th February 2008
Round 3 - Thursday, 14th February 2008

Quarter – Finals by 20.02.08 Group Winners at home   
K Winner A Vs Runner Up B
L Winner C Vs Runner Up D
M Winner D Vs  Runner Up A
N Winner B Vs  Runner Up C
29.02.08 - Semi-Finals
O K Vs L
P M Vs N
Cork I.T.
Final – 01.03.08 (Sat) –
      O Vs P
Cork I.T.

ULSTER BANK FERGAL MAHER CUP 2008
Round 1: 12.02.08 - 10 teams (GMIT CASTLEBAR, LETTERKENNY IT, UUJ/MAGEE, GARNEVILLE GAELS, ST MARYS or GMIT L'FRACK, DUNDALK IT, NCI ,KINGS INNS, MARINO, DLIADT)
A   Losing team Letterfrack/St. Mary's v Dundalk IT
B   UUC/Magee v NCI
C   Marino v Letterkenny IT
D   King's Inn's v DLIADT
E   GMIT Castlebar v Garnerville Gaels
Qtr-Finals: 20.02.08 (Open Draw) – 5 winners on Round 1 + (ST MARYS or GMIT Letterfrack)
F   Winner A v Winner E
G   Winner D v Winner Letterfrack v St. Mary's
H    Winner C v Winner B

Semi-Finals: 29.02.08 -3 Qtr-Final winners + British Champions
F Vs G
H Vs BRITISH CHAMPIONS (Napier University)

Final: 01.03.08 (Sat)

johnneycool

I see UUJ are in the top group, who have they in their ranks this year?

Whitehair

Neil Mc Manus, Paddy Mc Gill, Neal Mc Auley, Aaron Graffin, Chrissy O' Connell, Paul Shiels, James Mc Keague, Michael & Benny Ennis, Eoin Mc Guinness, Ciaran Courtney...

Lecale2

Jordanstown out of Fitzgibbon Cup 

Dominic McKinley's side led at half-time at Jordanstown

UUJ bowed out of the Ulster Bank Fitzgibbon Cup after losing 1-20 to 2-9 against Dublin outfit St Patrick's/Mater Dei on Wednesday.

Goals from Randal McDonnell and Brendan Ennis helped UUJ lead 2-5 to 0-10 at half-time at Jordanstown.

However, Jordanstown faded in the second half as Kilkenny youngster Richie Hogan hit a succession of points for the Dublin outfit.

Ger Arthur's late goal put the gloss on the visitors' victory.

Kilkenny star James 'Cha' Fitzpatrick was also in fine form for St Patrick's/Matei Dei.

Down player Brendan Ennis hit UUJ's opening goal in the fourth minute and the Poly were the better side in the first half with defenders Aaron Graffin, Kieran Courtney and Ruairi McCloskey all in fine form.

However, the Kilkenny influence on St Pat's comeback was strong with free-taker Hogan and Fitzpatrick both producing outstanding second halves.

UUJ were heavily beaten in the opener by UCD last month so they now bow out of the competition.

youngfella

young neal mc auley is injured again Im told. anyone comfirm this?
Pull hard and early

the colonel

same injury since last yr. he is back doing light training i think, and is waiting for the go ahead for full training. think he has been getting injections for it.
the difference between success and failure is energy

youngfella

feckin hell, the lad needs a season out to get himself together. I mind watchin him when he won the senior and minor player of the year for the town, totally amazing but its fecked him since
Pull hard and early

Farrandeelin

Marino beat Letterkenny IT yesterday by 3 points AET. Cracking game of hurling, Letterkenny were 8 points up with 5 mins of normal time left, but 2 goals and 2 points in that 5 mins forced the game into extra time and Marino won it then! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoisgaa

THURSDAY 14th FEBRUARY
Ulster Bank Fitzgibbon Cup Round 3
Limerick IT 1-14 UL 0-17
Cork IT 1-12 DIT 1-10
GMIT 1-11 UCC 1-11
UCD  1-14 St. Pat's/Mater Dei 0-13

Ulster Bank Ryan Cup Round 3
Tipperary Institute St Pats 3-13 Queen's University Belfast 0-13
DCU 1-13 IT Sligo 1-10
Athlone IT 2-19 IT Tallaght 0-4
IT Tralee 0-10 NUI Maynooth 1-6

Ulster Bank Fitzgibbon Cup Quarter-Final Pairings - Games next week
Waterford IT v DIT
UCC v St. Pat's-Mater Dei
UCD v Limerick IT
Cork IT v GMIT

Ulster Bank Ryan Cup Quarter-Final Pairings - Games next week
Mary Immaculate College v IT Sligo
Athlone IT v NUI Maynooth
IT Tralee v Tipperary Institute/St. Pat's
DCU v IT Tallaght.

laoisgaa

Fitzgibbon Cup Round-up
By Cóilín Duffy

Goals in either half for Limerick IT from Laois's Willie Hyland and Cyril Donnellan of Galway, were the difference as the reigning Ulster Bank Fitzgibbon Cup champions, minus Joe Canning advanced to the semi-finals following a 2-10 to 0-11 win over UCD at Belfield yesterday.

Davy Fitzgerald's charges led by 1-4 to 0-5 at half-time with Hyland's goal levelling the contest for the second time after 17 minutes, before LIT pulled away before the interval thanks to a trio of points from top-scorer Bernard Gaffney, who finished with eight points.
Limerick IT found their second goal on the restart after Donnellan latched onto a long-range Gaffney free. Although UCD cut the gap to two points with eight minutes remaining, thanks to the good work of Maurice Nolan and Joey Boland, LIT held out for victory.
They will face GMIT in the semi-finals after the Westerers held out for a late one-point victory over weekend hosts Cork I.T. on a 2-13 to 2-12 score-line.
The home side had led by 1-8 to 1-7 at the interval, in this keenly contested affair with last year's Cork Minor Ryan Clifford blasting home a penalty goal, while Limerick's Andrew O'Shaughnessy netted for the visitors.
The second half was again well contested with Lee Desmond, taking a CIT goal but GMIT broke in front thanks to a Conor Kavanagh effort, and although late points from Kavanagh and Mark Flaherty, put GMIT two points clear in injury-time, they were made work hard, with CIT snatching a late point but GMIT held out for victory.
Across the city at the Mardyke, UCC and St. Pat's-Mater Dei may have been level on ten occasions, but the home-side held enough resolve in the second half to take a 3-16 to 1-15 win.
The sides were level at 0-10 apiece at the interval, but goals from David Harte and Stephen Moylan helped put UCC in the driving seat. Although the Dublin side got a goal back from Clare's Ger Arthur, they couldn't do the necessary for victory.

UCC face Waterford IT in the second semi-final after the seven times champions recorded a convincing 3-15 to 1-7 victory over DIT in Waterford.
WIT led by 2-9 to 0-4 at half-time thanks to a brace of goals from Kilkenny's Eoin Reid, and failed to let up in the second half, with Eoin's brother TJ completing the hat-trick. Although Dublin's Paul Ryan got a goal back for the visitors, WIT were always in command, with Ray McLoughney also hitting seven points, for the eventual winners.

laoisgaa

Friday 29th February
Ulster Bank Fitzgibbon Cup Hurling Semi-Finals
(Extra-time if necessary)
Limerick IT v GMIT, Cork IT, 1pm
Waterford IT v UCC, Cork IT, 3pm

Ulster Bank Ryan Cup Hurling Semi-Finals
Tipp Inst.-St. Pat's v DCU, Cork IT 12noon
NUI Maynooth v MICL, Cork IT, 2.30pm

Ulster Bank Fergal Maher Cup Hurling Semi-Finals