The Official Fantastic Glasgow Rangers thread

Started by T Fearon, December 12, 2007, 09:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: T Fearon on December 30, 2009, 09:10:41 PM
When he has played for three European Cup winning sides, scored in a major European Final and won a Champions League medal he can be mentioned in the same breath as Larsson.

Boyd is a great goal scorer - Larsson was a great player. Dont think anyone but the staunchest Rangers fan would actually compare them in terms of all round impact.

Galwaybhoy

So what? WestlIfe haVe sold more records than the Rolling Stones but that does not make them the better group. In any case Boyd will probably be gone in January.

When he has played for three European Cup winning sides, scored in a major European Final and won a Champions League medal he can be mentioned in the same breath as Larsson.

No chance of giving him a bit of credit for beating the record no?  No one said he is as good a player as Larsson.

saffron sam2

So what? WestlIfe haVe sold more records than the Rolling Stones but that does not make them the better group. In any case Boyd will probably be gone in January.

This man does it with more class.

I suppose it would be only right to congratulate the new spl all time top goal scorer this morning and far be it from me to take any of the shine away from the lad's achievement, but just wondering will we ever see him score two goals in a european final or help barcelona to win a champions league final or refuse TWO TIMES to leave Glasgow and the supporters 'I love so much' and go and play for some outfit in manchester, or chip the keeper like he was a child, when playing against your greatest rivals in a derby, not to mention the goals and achievements for his country, so gtf KB, and just in case you might start getting a big napper about yourself you might want to have a look at a Jimmy McGrory fact file! But here, in the meantime, check this one out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvq4p6L03YM
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Archie Mitchell

Doing well so far in the cup. 2-0 up and crusing in the first half with 8 minutes to go, now 3-2 down.

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 10, 2010, 01:20:42 PM
Doing well so far in the cup. 2-0 up and crusing in the first half with 8 minutes to go, now 3-2 down.

Just got awarded a soft penalty. 3-3
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron sam2

Fermanagh's Andrew Little scores his first senior goal to give Rangers a late draw against Hearts.

Despite having only disdain  for Rangers, I am sure Evil Genius is secretly delighted.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

The Worker

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 25, 2010, 08:27:55 AM
Fermanagh's Andrew Little scores his first senior goal to give Rangers a late draw against Hearts.

Despite having only disdain  for Rangers, I am sure Evil Genius is secretly delighted.

was that two fermanagh men up front for the teddy bears at the weekend then?

red hander

Quote from: The Worker on January 25, 2010, 05:57:35 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 25, 2010, 08:27:55 AM

was that two fermanagh men up front for the teddy bears at the weekend then?

Aye, but obviously only one of them can hit the arse of a cow with a banjo

Orior

Lafferty shudda played gaelic. He'd be a handy midfielder.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

clarshack

It's not all doom and gloom for Rangers fans this morning as the Ibrox club were given a financial boost when David Weir's cold weather payment came in.  :D

ONeill

Great result for Rangers. Fair play to a club in a seriously worse financial situation than Glasgow Celtic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on February 02, 2010, 11:14:49 PM
Great result for Rangers. Fair play to a club in a seriously worse financial situation than Glasgow Celtic.

Emmm... c'mon the Gers!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

When the roles were reversed in the early 90s (ie Celtic were broke and Rangers coud spend spend spend) the huns took full advantage and the gap in class and trophies was fully exploited. It is scarcely believable that Rangers without a pot to piss in, ar ten points clear.

You might have disdain , hatred even, but you can't deny that Smith is a first class manager in every respect

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Rankers up to dodgy dealings???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8647085.stm 

Rangers confirm club being investigated over tax issue 

Rangers have confirmed that the Scottish Premier League club is under investigation by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) over a tax issue.

BBC Scotland has learned that the investigation relates to payments made into offshore accounts.

The club is still up for sale with estimated debts of about £30m.

BBC Scotland has also learned that the investigation does not signal an end for the proposed takeover by businessman Andrew Ellis.

"There is an ongoing query raised by HMRC which is part of a pending court case," the club said in a statement.

"On the basis of expert tax advice provided to Rangers, the club is robustly defending the matters raised.

It is not a new problem. It has been there for a long time, so this just hasn't come up

Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston
"It would, therefore, be inappropriate to comment further at this stage."

Lyon's defeat on Tuesday by Bayern Munich in the semi-finals of the Champions League means that Rangers are destined to go straight into next season's lucrative group stages of the competition without the need to play any qualifiers.

And Rangers were also moved to reject reports that Champions League and club season ticket income had already been "ring-fenced" by the club's bank to reduce the debt.

"This is totally incorrect and discussions with the bank in relation to the business plan will take place in the coming weeks," said the club.

"The club would also like to reiterate once again that at no time has director Dave King made an offer to purchase Rangers Football Club."

Rangers have been unable to purchase a player for 20 months as Lloyds Banking Group tries to control the £30m debt.

Three transfer windows have opened and closed without the Ibrox club bringing out their cheque book.

The last arrival was USA midfielder Maurice Edu, who they signed from Toronto in August 2008.

Despite their financial problems, manager Walter Smith has guided Rangers to two successive league titles, the latest being secured on Sunday.

US-based Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston is due in Scotland next week to hold talks with Ellis - and will also hope to come up with the assurances required to persuade Smith to remain in post.

Johnston told BBC Scotland that money would be available for the manager to strengthen his squad and stressed that the HMRC investigation was being handled by Rangers owner Sir David Murray's parent company.

"It is not a new problem," said the chairman. "It has been there for a long time, so this just hasn't come up.

"This is more in the holding company of Murray's. It has been one that the Murray Group has been taking care of and been involved in on a day-to-day basis in the past and I would continue to defer to them on that one

Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Interesting to see that the quintessentially British club loyal through and through try to avoid putting tax back into the economy - well done Rangers, rule Britannia and all that crap.

See page 18.

http://www.christianaid.org.uk/images/blowing-the-whistle-caweek-report.pdf
Tbc....