Friends, Posters, Irishmen - Lend me your county's heroes

Started by Lone Shark, December 12, 2007, 07:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 12, 2007, 11:45:47 PM
Possibly Kevin Dyas to make an appearance in the AFL? Unlikely though I suppose in his first season.

Yeah, was going to stick down Pierce Hanley for Mayo but again it might be too much to expect inthe first season

Kerry Mike

Kerry: Jim Culloty has retired, but I would throw in the Kerry names of young Jamie Moriarty the jockey in his place, David Higgins for golf, Paul Griffin for rowing and another Paul Griffin for cycling along with Tadhg Kennelly.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

full back

guy crouchback

mayo pro boxer henry coyle he will have a couple of fights next year

thebandit

Monaghan - Tommy Bowe, Kevin McBride, Johnathon Douglas, Barry Conlon (Darlington I think)

AZOffaly

Lone shark, you should have Brian Cowen in there for Offaly. He *did* play for the Offaly U21s, and if he becomes Taoiseach this year, that must be worth a few points :D

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Michael O'Leary, 5 points for every ad he puts out slagging off Bertie... Also War Of Attrition
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

Jaysus Croí you might as well get the Children of Lir in as well, while you're at it.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 13, 2007, 12:18:53 PM
Jaysus Croí you might as well get the Children of Lir in as well, while you're at it.  :P

I knew I was forgetting someone. Thought it was Foster & Allen but sure no point setting myself up...  ;)

What will the Slashers be offering? 1 pt per sub to make it from the dugout to the brawl without tripping over themselves???  :P

Billys Boots

Quote1 pt per sub to make it from the dugout to the brawl without tripping over themselves?

If you're referring to the Swamp Critters against Moorefield, you might note that we don't consider them to be Longford folk.   ;)

I suggest that we 'enter' the new county board chairman - 1 pt for every time he uses an expletive in an official communication.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 13, 2007, 12:30:21 PMI suggest that we 'enter' the new county board chairman - 1 pt for every time he uses an expletive in an official communication.

And what about 3 pts for everytime he tells the keeper to hurry up and kick out the ball over the loudspeaker...  :D

Rossfan

Quote from: stephenite on December 13, 2007, 12:32:20 AM

Yeah, was going to stick down Pierce Hanley for Mayo ....

But as he is from Co Roscommon you couldnt and anyway I bet ya to it  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

shark

Two more Olympic possibles

Westmeath: Martin Fagan

Wicklow: Fionnuala Britton