Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedro

I think it was Uladh who, in the Armagh/Cork thread, remarked that Cussen wasn't playing in the semi-final. I have heard a rumour (which could be completely unfounded, mind) that Cussen was not injured, suspended or anything else but had gotten into a spot of bother with the, em, Guards?
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

orangeman

Quote from: pedro on April 17, 2008, 04:55:39 PM
I think it was Uladh who, in the Armagh/Cork thread, remarked that Cussen wasn't playing in the semi-final. I have heard a rumour (which could be completely unfounded, mind) that Cussen was not injured, suspended or anything else but had gotten into a spot of bother with the, em, Guards?

;) ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D

Mo way - he was in for a cup of tea with his colleagues - they look after each other !

orangeman

Quote from: AFS on April 17, 2008, 05:04:34 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 17, 2008, 09:50:25 AM
UUJ aren't turning up to Carlow next Tuesday - this years Sigerson has turned into a total farce !

Where did you hear this?

It's the full of the Irish News today.

TacadoirArdMhacha

So what's the story with the Poly?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Tommy Joe says they can't afford to take two days off with tests etc!! How much revsion is required for a HND?? Seriously!!

BallyhaiseMan

they shouldnt be asked to have to travel down to Carlow again, Its ridiculous.

Navan or Breffini should be the venue used.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I'd feel sorry fo the lads who put the effort in all year down in Carlow if they didn't get to host the final but at this stage its probably better to hold the final somewhere like Newry which would be little more than an hour's journey for both sides.

Ridiculous to be threatening not to play the game. Are you seriously telling me that the Jordanstown team aren't willing to take 1 day out of their schedule for a Sigerson final? Mere posturing by officials on an ego trip I'd say. Sure they musta spent weeks out of their studies looking for that trophy all them years ago!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ExiledGael

Wonder how they've been training lately, how can they expect Jordanstown to keep ticking along and now try to gear up for this as final exams near. Pathetic treatment of an often brilliant tournament. Another example of where the GAA can make you cringe with shame sometimes.

orangeman

Quote from: ExiledGael on April 17, 2008, 07:44:48 PM
Wonder how they've been training lately, how can they expect Jordanstown to keep ticking along and now try to gear up for this as final exams near. Pathetic treatment of an often brilliant tournament. Another example of where the GAA can make you cringe with shame sometimes.
[/b]

No doubt about that - these lads have been training all season, playing challenge matches, Mc Kenna cup matches, Sigerson qualifiers etc etc, putting in monumental effort and it degenereates into a farce !!!!!!!!

amigo

Anyone know if they are showing this game on TG4 tonight. I heard a rumour it might be on !!!

Skehana

Not on live.Highlights on TG4 next week.

Match threw in at half 6 in Carlow.

Anyone have any updates?

passedit

Guards 1.14 Poly 1.16 ft per aertel
Don't Panic

Doogie Browser

stiffler

Good report of the game on the bbc website  ::)

Sigerson Cup final 
Match report follows later.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Uladh

i really am past caring