SKY+

Started by clarshack, December 06, 2007, 01:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick O Shea

Does anyone use freesat?

And is it any use?

full back

What is the best way of getting Sky into another room?
Think its about £10 a month extra to get it in each room, but then heard something about Sky Eye or Magic Eye or something
Anyone know if it works?

Jack_Black

Quote from: full back on October 09, 2008, 02:03:12 PM
Think its about £10 a month extra to get it in each room, but then heard something about Sky Eye or Magic Eye or something
Anyone know if it works?

what way is your TV distributed to other rooms at the minute - have you Sky already

IMO Magic eyes are the best way to do it.

ziggysego

With Magic Eye, you have to watch what is being watched in the main Sky room. Can't watch separate channels.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: Jack_Black on October 09, 2008, 02:22:53 PM
Anyone know if it works?

what way is your TV distributed to other rooms at the minute - have you Sky already

IMO Magic eyes are the best way to do it.

Just use the aerial from the TV in the other rooms
Does this make a difference?

With this eye thing can you change the channels from a different room?

the Deel Rover

Anyone know if it works?

yeah got the myself got Fullback its called a digi eye or a global eye works no problem you cant watch different programmes in drifferent rooms though
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Minder

How do they work though, i have Sky and wouldnt mind watching "Sexcetera" in the bedroom on my own.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Quote from: his holiness nb on June 16, 2008, 01:57:05 PM
I ordered and the guy arrived and said he couldnt drill through walls so he needed to run a lead from the hall into the sitting room. As he couldnt drill it meant he would tack it around the door frame and through the door and we wouldnt be able to close the door!

he also said he wasnt insured to climb onto the roof to put up the new dish (we have normal sky) so he needed to put a pole at the side of the house and put another dish there!

I told him to feck away off. This was sky themselves I rang, not some cowboy. Anyone else have similar issues?
I can't speak about the insurance issue but it sound quite bizarre that a satellite dish installer would not have insurance to cover the basics of his job.
You can have the cable coming through the bottom part of the window frame into the room where you have the sky box, after drilling a suitable nice clean hole.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Jack_Black

can you give a bit more detail of your set-up at the momemt

where is your sky box at present

do you get normal channel in the other rooms?

full back

Is there much setting up with a coax cable fionntamhnach?

Seen on ebay them magic eyes for £5 or so. Thought this sounded a bit cheap
Is that eye job as easy as plugging in the cable & off you go?

Jack,
currently have Sky+ in the living room. In the bedroom just have a standard TV which I watch using the TV's own aerial.

Jack_Black

Quote from: full back on October 09, 2008, 02:47:55 PM
Is there much setting up with a coax cable fionntamhnach?

Seen on ebay them magic eyes for £5 or so. Thought this sounded a bit cheap
Is that eye job as easy as plugging in the cable & off you go?

Jack,
currently have Sky+ in the living room. In the bedroom just have a standard TV which I watch using the TV's own aerial.

ah ok, yeah the magic eye is just plug in and go.

sorry for all the questions,

where does the cables from the dish come into your living room to your sky+ box

full back

Dont worry about the questions jack
Cables come in beside the window

Jack_Black

damn, another question lol

do you have an attic / accessible roofspace - one or two storey house

anyway, however you do it, best way is to run a co-axial cable from the RF2 on the Sky+ box to your second TV

the magic eye is then attached to the end of the co-axial cable (2nd TV end) and then plugged into the TV, a little transmitter sits on the TV and you can then control the main box from the bedroom

you have to watch the same thing on both TV, if you want to watch different channels on both TV you can get Multi-room which is an extra £10 a month

EDIT - just read your first question - it doesnt cost anything extra per month for the first option

full back

Cheers Jack, think I will go for the magic eye option.
Is it right they are only a fiver?

One last question, WTF is a co-axial cable  :-[