Amsterdam Hotels

Started by the real slim shady, December 04, 2007, 11:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the real slim shady

Anyone know of any half decent cheap hotels in the centre on amsterdam????  Am thinkin of taking a trip around the middle of January...

stew

Hotel Heart was a cheap place to stay slimmy, at least it was. I havent been there in twenty years but I stayed there and it was clean, functional and cheap.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Gs Man

Stayed in Rembrandt Centrum a couple of weeks back.  Cheap and comfortable and central.  Took me a week to get over Amsterdam though.  great place
Keep 'er lit

An Fear Rua

http://www.hotels.nl/

or I do know a B&B at the southern end of Vondelpark, Tram on the doorstep straight to the city centre via Liedseplein(museums etc) takes about 20 mins.
Its Grim up North

under the bar

Stay in The Flying Pig.  Basic, clean & lots & lots of craic!  You'll laugh your bollix off at the state of some of the drug dabblers! About £30 a night.

jodyb

Stayed in the Botel few years back. Its basically a small ex cruise ship permanently moored on the river now used as a hotel. Dunno what cost now, but 4 years ago was same as any budget type hotel. Very nice (apart from gay night in the bar every wednesday ---- depends what your into, i suppose) and near Central station and the centre of town.
Well within staggerin or spacin distance of the best parts of the 'dam
If you get the late night munchies, theres a super chinese (also on a boat) about 200 yards up the road.
(well it always seemed super when i went to it, but when you've got the munchies, a 3 day old coul' boiled spud can seem super, so maybe your better not to listen to me :D)

Family guy

A few of us boys on about heading now at start of december for the weekend,wheres the hot spots to stay???somewere central be good i guess?Never been before but im sure it be a good laugh

Ulick

Stayed here last time I was over:

http://www.amsterdamcentralbedandbreakfast.nl/apartment-warmoes2.html

Very clean and comfortable. On the edge of the Red Light and about 5 minutes walk from Dam square. Worked out at about E45pn each between 6 of us.