Katy French

Started by An Fear Rua, December 04, 2007, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tankie on December 05, 2007, 01:45:40 PM
If the choice of survive was between the illegal drug user in a comma or the innocent plumber i know who i would rather see walking around.

Nobody is asking you to choose Tankie.
All we are saying is that having NO sympathy is a bit harsh.

Jesus you were argueing that a lifetime ban for Bonner would be harsh if he did drugs, yet wouldnt sympathise if someone died from it??  :-\
Ask me holy bollix

ExiledGael

Just died according to Sky News

ziggysego

QuoteTop Model Dies In Arms Of Her Sister

The Irish model Katy French, who fell into a coma on Sunday, has died in hospital.

In statement her family said: "Katy has passed away peacefully in the arms of her sister Jill and alongside her Mum and Dad.

"Her family thanks everyone so much for all the prayers and support and especially all the staff in Navan Hospital who gave her special care and attention throughout.

"We have been overwhelmed by the letters, blessings, gifts and prayers from people all over the country.  It gave us strength and helped Katy so much.

"Although we did not get our yearned for miracle, all the expressions of love you sent her were powerfully healing in different ways."

Police in Ireland have launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the 24-yr-old's death.

Initial reports claimed that Ms French collapsed at a house party in Ashbourne, County Meath, in the early hours of Sunday morning and was rushed to hospital in an ambulance.

But press reports today claim that she was visiting friends at a house in Kilmessan, several miles from Ashbourne, when she was suddenly taken ill.

It has also been claimed that she was driven the eight miles to hospital by friends, rather than in an ambulance.

Sourced Sky News: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1295980,00.html

Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

It will be interesting to see how the Irish press deals with this now. Hope they don't do like their near neighbours and go to town on it now the threat of any possible libel action is gone, but they do in most cases when a 'celebrity' dies.

An Gaeilgoir

The Sunday/Irish Independent has a lot to answer for regarding this girls death

ExiledGael

Some papers referred to the fact that she was ridiculed in other papers recently after her birthday party, deeply upsetting her. What was said Gaeilgoir?

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: ExiledGael on December 06, 2007, 07:58:38 PM
Some papers referred to the fact that she was ridiculed in other papers recently after her birthday party, deeply upsetting her. What was said Gaeilgoir?

Barry "Ballbag" Egan was almost wetting himself on the back page of the sindo last week, all about her party and her claims that she had now finished doing coke. The final line of the article said that she would have to "draw a line under that statement following her party".... but this chain of events was started by "those photos" a few months ago.... this constant exposure and tittle tattle about no mark high society people along side the Liam Lawlor story only shows that gutter journalisim is not just confined to the red tops any more.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on December 06, 2007, 07:54:45 PM
WTF!?

Get a grip!  I never heard of the girl until all this happened but and no one hates cheap "journalism" more than me but that's a ridiculous statement!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Kerry Mike

I did a google there and see Assetsmodels whom I assume she worked for, still have up up on their site, waiting for the next company or Joe Soap to hire her to flog their wares. Insensetive shower of bastards, you would have thought they would have pulled that this week.

http://www.assetsmodels.com/female_models.php?model=171&i=3

We have become a society obcessed by celebrity and the trappings that go with it, Miss French was one of those who lived their lives in a constant party mode and to see themselves in the gossip papers every day. Famous for nothing but having a pretty face. Its a sad existance and another sad waste of a young life. RIP
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Old Bill

That could have been the least of their worries this week.  beautiful girl.  real real pity.  May she rest in peace.

saffron

QuoteWTF!?

Get a grip!  I never heard of the girl until all this happened but and no one hates cheap "journalism" more than me but that's a ridiculous statement!

Totally agree - no one is responsible. She sent invitations to all the press who had never met her to go to her birthday. She wanted a career as a celebrity model and publicity good or bad goes with the territory.

Have complete sympathy for her and her family.

While I'm here Tankie you argument is balls - more people die every year from drink related illness and assaults/accidents caused by drink than anything else and I'd hazard a guess do far more damage than illegal drugs. Not that I'm in any way making a case for coke.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Kerry Mike on December 06, 2007, 08:44:35 PM
I did a google there and see Assetsmodels whom I assume she worked for, still have up up on their site, waiting for the next company or Joe Soap to hire her to flog their wares. Insensetive shower of bastards, you would have thought they would have pulled that this week.

http://www.assetsmodels.com/female_models.php?model=171&i=3

We have become a society obcessed by celebrity and the trappings that go with it, Miss French was one of those who lived their lives in a constant party mode and to see themselves in the gossip papers every day. Famous for nothing but having a pretty face. Its a sad existance and another sad waste of a young life. RIP
I feel very sorry for her, 10 months of being known (and normally not for the right things), she milked the media and got what she wanted from it, it wasn't the media's fault though.

SeanSouth

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 06, 2007, 08:19:24 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on December 06, 2007, 07:54:45 PM
WTF!?

Have to echo what Pints said, she made a poor lifestyle choice and unfortunately paid for it. From what i have been reading she used the media for her own ends and there can be no surprise when they get fed up with her and turn against her.

Shamrock Shore

She was representative of the vacuous way parts of society have gone down here. Trumpeted in the media by that shite rag The Sunday Indo and its manifestation of evil in the guise of Barry Egan and his bum chums Gerard Kean, his "gorgeous" Tallaghfornian girlfriend and Glenda this, Rosanna that and all the other shaggin no marks that make me puke. Also TV3's shite Entertainment slot hosted by (oh God) Lorraine Keane is another wing of this evil.

Nobody deserves to die this way - however perhaps a few people will wake up. Then again, perhaps not.

Rudi

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on December 06, 2007, 08:09:05 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on December 06, 2007, 07:58:38 PM

Barry "Ballbag" Egan was almost wetting himself on the back page of the sindo last week, all about her party and her claims that she had now finished doing coke. The final line of the article said that she would have to "draw a line under that statement following her party".... but this chain of events was started by "those photos" a few months ago.... this constant exposure and tittle tattle about no mark high society people along side the Liam Lawlor story only shows that gutter journalisim is not just confined to the red tops any more.

Agree the Sindo is a rag. Their reporting of the Lawlor tragedy was horrific, bad when sensationalism takes precedence over accurate journalism. Egan and the Editor should be ashamed of themselves, for printing such sh*te at a sensitive time. He questioned the fact that she was a celebrity, and at the same time he devoted part of the back page to her, idiot.