Parnell Park Sale Thread...

Started by dublinfella, December 02, 2007, 02:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

would the mod responsible care to explain why a very important, topical thread was removed?

it was well behaved as well.

pintsofguinness

Maybe the starter of the thread removed it.

I thought you only read the soccer ones anyway.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dublinfella

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 02, 2007, 03:57:21 PM
Maybe the starter of the thread removed it.

I thought you only read the soccer ones anyway.

and the ones that I get to tell the cosy consensus on here that I was right and they were wrong.

I hope it was the starter and not one mod in particular closing a thread he was wrong on.

stephenite

dublinfella

Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2007, 10:12:09 PM
How are you right?

The land in Rathcoole was earmarked for a stadium, PP will be sought this week. I have always asked why the GAA sat on this land for 12 years. Also Martin Breheny in the Indo said the Tallaght objection being dropped was likely to be a condition of the Govt allowing the GAA into Abbotstown.

pintsofguinness

QuoteI hope it was the starter and not one mod in particular closing a thread he was wrong on.

Well if you don't like it you know what you can do.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stephenite

All seems very speculative to me, considering nothing has really happened yet, and you rely on a reporter for the other info. But if that's what makes you happy, congratulations on being 'right'

Considering your defence of the mods over on the Rovers fans site who banned large swathes of users from here for daring to even question their motives, I find your own comments here re the mods here laughable

deiseach

Were you right about TD having no chance of securing a judicial review?
Were you right about the GAA requiring the FAI and the IRFU to show videos of Gaelic games during soccer and rugby matches at Croke Park?
Were you right about Pearse Stadium being 98% funded by public money?
Were you right about tickets for the Wales and Slovakia matches in Croke Park not costing €70?

And just what are you claiming you were 'right' about re Abbotstown?

his holiness nb

The thread was about the possible sale of Parnell Park. Maybe the started heard the report I did from the Dublin county board saying they werent going to sell Parnell Park.
Therefore, end of story, no point in keeping the thread.

Dont think its the anti Dublinfella conspiracy you think it is.
Ask me holy bollix

scalder

In fairness to Dublinfalla, I remember it being reported that clips of Gaelic Games would be played on the big screen at half time during the soccer and the rugby at Croke Park. As for Parnell Park, the Dublin Chairman seemed to knock on the head but if Clontarf Golf Club are being offered €125k per member – then you would imagine they will make a play for Parnell Park as it would give them access to the roads on that side.  Not sure if they should sell though, money is not everything but certainly they should listen to any approaches that are made and come to an informed decision.

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on December 03, 2007, 08:43:40 AM
The thread was about the possible sale of Parnell Park. Maybe the started heard the report I did from the Dublin county board saying they werent going to sell Parnell Park.

Listen to his holy wisdom. No conspiracy the thread had served it purpose and was heading down a dark alley again. Since it was my thread i decided i didn't want to listen to a Rovers Ultra on a Monday morning talk shite
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on December 03, 2007, 12:15:00 AM
Were you right about TD having no chance of securing a judicial review?
I said they wouldnt win, and the judge in the actual review appears to have overruled the judge who granted leave's main reason for doing so. We will know soon.

[/quote]
even if the judge rules against TD and Dublin GAA on this, it still doesnt seem to me at least to be fair.
Unless the Gov now give the Dublin county board / GAA a big hand out as well on another site...
then Rugby will have to get something in reciprocation...what about other sports...

this non-inclusiveness sets a heck of a precedent

Gnevin

"Given that there is now more certainty on the access, the Council and the Board's professional advisors have commenced negotiations with a view to lodging an application for planning permission for a Centre of Excellence in six months time. "

http://www.hill16.ie/viewstoryhill16.asp?id=9268&mainheading=Word+on+The+Hill&viewstory=yes
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on December 03, 2007, 12:15:00 AM
. I said that Pearse Stadium recieved a higher percentage public money than the Tallaght project was supposed to. 
[/quote

How could it get more than 100% ?  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gnevin on December 03, 2007, 11:41:14 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on December 03, 2007, 08:43:40 AM

Listen to his holy wisdom. No conspiracy the thread had served it purpose and was heading down a dark alley again. Since it was my thread i decided i didn't want to listen to a Rovers Ultra on a Monday morning talk shite

The oracle has served me well  ;D
Ask me holy bollix