scenes

Started by stiffler, December 02, 2007, 11:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

well did anyone cause any major scenes over the weekend?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

his holiness nb

Accidentally smashed a jar of apple sauce on the kitchen tiles last night.

Wouldnt exactly qualify for "booze britain" but its a start!
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

Went to see Neil Delamare in Strabane last night. Brought his attention to my sister and her Welsh fiancé hehe ;)
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Sat on the couch most of the weekend though I'm just back from seeing American Gangster - brillant!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donagh

Not exactly a scene, but to have a Fearon moment, I dined out with a bunch of lads by the name of Houlihan, Smith, Moriarty, McGrane, Marsden, McKinstry and Clarke with some comedian from Derry by the name of Brolly providing the entertainment.

Puckoon

Well if we are all going to name drop, I had beers with young clarkes brother on the other side of the atlantic on friday. :D

pintsofguinness

QuoteI havnt gotten to see it yet, so Ill reserve judgement, but considering all the hype (over here at least) Ive heard a couple of reviews that basically suggest waiting to see it on dvd as it just isnt that great. Ill have to go watch now that you two think its good.
I read the reviews myself and I wasn't really expecting much but it's well worth seeing it.
Reading a few sites now and I see people are more unhappy with Lucas being glorified - the film did put him across very well. 

Quote from: Donagh on December 02, 2007, 08:28:49 PM
Not exactly a scene, but to have a Fearon moment, I dined out with a bunch of lads by the name of Houlihan, Smith, Moriarty, McGrane, Marsden, McKinstry and Clarke with some comedian from Derry by the name of Brolly providing the entertainment.
How much did you pay for that?

Our Nail Loney

i caused a complete scene in the glenavon hotel last nite... pissed all over myself cos i hadnt time to make it to the toilet. bouncers threw me out. worrrrssssttttttt!!!!! then wen i got home i conked out and when i woke up this mornin i had pissed the bed. can anyone beat that??????

Donagh

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 02, 2007, 08:40:16 PM
How much did you pay for that?

Got my tickets gratis but as the man said on the night there's no such thing as a free meal so I got the wallet out eventually. Wasn't in the same league as some though, including Charlie McKeever who spent £500 on a hurl from DJ and some other bloke who handed over £20k for a signed picture of all the Armagh All Stars.

CiKe

puckoon i also thought American Gangster was one of the best films I have seen in years and would definitely recommend seeing it in the cinema. Didn't thik it was slow to start at all myself, the time flew by - Washington is fantastic altogether. As POG says, Lucas came across very well in the film and I subsequently trawled the internet for a bit more info - sounds like an altogether nasty piece of work!

pintsofguinness

Donagh,
20K  :o
Some night for the Tones then! and they deserve it, it was a great idea.

I take it there'll be no further prints of this picture or what?

QuoteAs POG says, Lucas came across very well in the film and I subsequently trawled the internet for a bit more info - sounds like an altogether nasty piece of work!
Really? anything I'm finding pretty much protrays what the film did.

Donagh

Nah, it was a one off print onto canvas with each of the lads signing on top of that. At a rough estimate I'd say they got about £40k in total from the auction, all 600 guests were asked to leave at least a £20 donation in an envelope at the table, plus the £75/£100 per seat cover charge. All in all they'd be very unlucky not to have hit in excess of £120k.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 02, 2007, 08:45:27 PM
i caused a complete scene in the glenavon hotel last nite... pissed all over myself cos i hadnt time to make it to the toilet. bouncers threw me out. worrrrssssttttttt!!!!! then wen i got home i conked out and when i woke up this mornin i had pissed the bed. can anyone beat that??????

:o
You've beaten my broken jar of apple sauce anyway!
Ask me holy bollix

supersarsfields

Quote from: Puckoon on December 02, 2007, 08:33:59 PM
Well if we are all going to name drop, I had beers with young clarkes brother on the other side of the atlantic on friday. :D

Tommy?

Bacon

Which Club Donagh? Sounds like a great event.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009