How to refer to females

Started by AZOffaly, November 30, 2007, 03:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Puckoon on November 30, 2007, 04:01:09 PM
Fullback - I twang on a g string now and then.

Dont we all puckoon, dont we all ;)

gerrykeegan

I work with some colourful Dublin characters who you could never describe as Ladies!
On one occasion I was chatting to one of them about her holidays and had she all sorted for the trip.
" I have to get me bush done this evening and then I'm right as rain"
Another morning I walked into their office and asked where one of them was.
" She rang in a while ago, she'll be late, as Johno is giving it to her doggy style at home"
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Puckoon on November 30, 2007, 04:01:09 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 30, 2007, 03:54:30 PM
See, I believe you Puckoon, because you automatically said 'a crowd of girls come in'. Would a group of 30 somethings, or older still qualify for that remark?

And if by playing you mean music, they're probably drinking and don't care :D

I think older women like being called girls, I dont think they automatically think we are being sarcastic.

I think it depends on the situation too. If It was at a dinner dance, or the girls we're dolled up in cocktail dresses - Id go for ladies.

Fullback - I twang on a g string now and then.

Especially the ones on this side of the water

full back

Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 30, 2007, 04:07:23 PM
I work with some colourful Dublin characters who you could never describe as Ladies!
On one occasion I was chatting to one of them about her holidays and had she all sorted for the trip.
" I have to get me bush done this evening and then I'm right as rain"
Another morning I walked into their office and asked where one of them was.
" She rang in a while ago, she'll be late, as Johno is giving it to her doggy style at home"

'Colourful' is a very generous description of them keegan, I can think of a few more apt descriptions

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on November 30, 2007, 04:06:30 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 30, 2007, 04:04:44 PM
Ach. You're missing the point. If you were to address them as a group, how would you do it? The casual form of 'Ladies and Gentlemen'.
I wouldn't. I would just say, "How are yiz doing?"

Fair enough. That seems a safe way out of it. Still doesn't really answer my question though.

AZOffaly

I know. You don't *have* to, but if you *want* to?

Billys Boots

I usually address the female co-workers with 'greetings earthlings'.  If they begin to think they should be treated differently, they'll be looking for a pay-rise or period-leave or a windy-day-hair-supplement or the like.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 30, 2007, 04:14:18 PM
I usually address the female co-workers with 'greetings earthlings'.  If they begin to think they should be treated differently, they'll be looking for a pay-rise or period-leave or a windy-day-hair-supplement or the like.  ::)

I would love if that were true. With your hairstyle, they must think you are like the professor in Back to the Future :D

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on November 30, 2007, 04:15:32 PM
Well, you're walking into trouble just because you 'want to'.
If they take offence to 'ladies', call them stuck up bitches.

That's more like it :D

Billys Boots

Quotethe professor in Back to the Future

It's getting a bit that way alright AZ.  Time to get out the axel grease.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 30, 2007, 04:18:52 PM
Quotethe professor in Back to the Future

It's getting a bit that way alright AZ.  Time to get out the axel grease.

I can imagine you saying 'Greetings, Earthlings' to them, and I'm laughing like an idiot to myself :D

The Lord of Luuuvre

Hello Laaaaaaaaaaaadies usually suffices for me.

If I know the ladies well (if you know what I mean) its:

Hello Daaaaaaaaaaaaarlings

Here are some tips which I have put together to get you through Christmas -

Step one: Search for your prey
Try to talk to as many women as possible until one gives in, which is torture if you have any sense of shame. Alternatively, pick one babe, muster up all your wit and charm and cash and go get them a drink.

Step two: Check them out properly
Are they breathing? Preferable, surely;
Are they as drunk as you are? Fine, so long as you're both still sober enough to know what you're doing;
Are they currently kissing someone else? If so it's probably wise to steer clear, at least for now.
Step three: Move in for the kill
Start with sexy glances and smiles across the room, hopefully they will be returned;
When your mates get fed up with your puppy dog routine, prepare to make a move. Wander over trying to look as cool as possible without falling flat on your face;
Stay and chat or run away, depending upon whether you pull or not; or if they have wonky eyes and weren't actually staring at you all night.
Finally, don't:
Tell them you want to marry them and have lots of children together - this will scare them off and if it doesn't then it should scare you;
Throw up on their shoes.

Greetings and salivations

mannix

"Bon jour, Madame"really annoys the younger french girls(20-30 age group).
Hello ladies to a few women or hello to a single girl. Referring to a woman I think "that lady" is right  or those ladies is too.
Calling them whores or stnuc only aggravates them and you don't want that.

Square Ball

all depends on the age group, up to 30ish its girls and above Ladies
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

I'd say girls and if they're offended by that...well tough!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?