Hatton v Mayweather December 8th

Started by The Claw, November 30, 2007, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Claw

I couldnt find the last thread on this so I'll start a new one.
The fight is coming up now and I have to say i'll be all out rootin for Hatton, he seems like a really sound bloke with an awsome talent and fierce dedication. However I think Hatton will have to knock Mayweather out if he is going to win as Mayweather is the better all round boxer. Cant wait for it, its gonna be some fight.
Mayweather 4/9
Hatton 7/4

Dinny Breen

Nice feature on Mayweather in the Sunday Trubune Monthly magzine (fantastic mag for anyone who like sport).

Is this fight pay-per-view?
#newbridgeornowhere

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 30, 2007, 01:29:52 PM
Nice feature on Mayweather in the Sunday Trubune Monthly magzine (fantastic mag for anyone who like sport).

Is this fight pay-per-view?

Yes it is Dinny €15 euro i think but i could be wrong
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Snowed Under

Boxing has lost a lot of it's appeal recently - probably due to the fact there are about 86 world champions at each weight - but this will be some fight.

thejuice

Sports bar in town is charging £10 to get in to watch the fight. f**k that, i bet there'll be plenty other places showing it. Whoever wins DeLaHoya will be the real winner, his company is promoting it, and he gets a title shot from Hatton if he wins. However my money'd be on Mayweather.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Dinny Breen

QuoteYes it is Dinny €15 euro i think but i could be wrong

Damin, though it was free to Setanta subscribers or is it and you just pay €15 if you don't have Setanta???
#newbridgeornowhere

behind the wire

its on sky box office. its £15 sterling. think its 20 euro or something like that.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 30, 2007, 02:06:47 PM
QuoteYes it is Dinny €15 euro i think but i could be wrong

Damin, though it was free to Setanta subscribers or is it and you just pay €15 if you don't have Setanta???

I don't have setanta Dinny maybe they are showing it i'm just getting it on sky box office
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Dinny Breen

QuoteI don't have setanta Dinny maybe they are showing it i'm just getting it on sky box office

Yea from what I can see that looks like it, happy days....
#newbridgeornowhere

illdecide

Quote from: behind the wire on November 30, 2007, 02:18:03 PM
its on sky box office. its £15 sterling. think its 20 euro or something like that.

Correct. It's £15 sterling and i'll tell you something for nothing it's gonna be a real cracker. Hatton moving up the weights could be a problem and although he seems to have sorted out his problems of being easy cut and marked i think no i know it will go the distance and Mayweather will win on points.

Hatton was easy marked and easy cut and they found out his problem. He was not taking in enough water therfore leaving his skin thinner which marked and cut easier. But he's a hard we B*****d and i hope he wins but as stated above i think Mayweather will win it on points.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Iceman

FM is a class act - one of the greats of our era - but sometimes and more importantly lately, he is getting carried away with his own hype.
Stating that he is greater than Ali and actually believing it could be a costly mistake.

Hatton has all the tools and determination to win this fight.  This fight will not be won by the hardest puncher, or the fighter with the better stamina, it will be won by the smarter boxer.

I wish Hatton all the best and think he is worth a few pound in the bookies. 

Don't miss this one as it could be a classic.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

heganboy

Anyone else been watching the hbo show hatton, mayweather 24/7? Really interesting
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Rav67

Just realised we wont actually have it in our house as the virgin media package doesnt hve sky box office so will probably have to head into the Sports Cafe to watch it as its staying open late, but that will mean heading out before it and drinking then as well and probably being too tired/pissed to actually see and enoy it.  Any chance you could get an online stream to it?

As regards the fight, would fancy Mayweather to win on a unanimous points decision, along with everyone else though I hope I'm wrong.

The Claw

Quote from: heganboy on November 30, 2007, 02:55:44 PM
Anyone else been watching the hbo show hatton, mayweather 24/7? Really interesting
Yeah saw this heganboy, very good feature. Gas the way Mayweather's hands are in bits. Also thought it was crazy the way Hatton's coach's hand and wrists are also in bits from Hatton punchin them over the years.
Hatton's impression of Mayweather's punching the coach while looking the other direction was hilarious.
Hatton 'You can hit me with six of them (taps his hand softly with his fist) and I'll hit you with one of them (plants a haymaker on his hand)'.

Gabriel_Hurl

The whole Mayweather's hands not being 100% thing  has to be a pure work, right?