Christmas presents for Girlfriends

Started by Galwaybhoy, November 29, 2007, 05:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Big - over £100 (€150) - actually even at that, that's a bit "big".  Jewellery would be OK but are you sure you know what she'd wear?  What colours/styles are in?  

As someone suggested, going out with someone who liked neither GAA nor wine would make me seriously question the relationship as that's what I spend most of my weekends doing (playing/watching GAA and drinking wine, obv not at same time).

POG, feel very sorry for your woman...

What would I buy a fella?  A few years ago I had lined up tickets to see Arsenal at home for what is now (and was by Christmas) an ex.  Bought him a flying lesson at one stage too.  Now that I think about it, I'd def go for the experience present.  
I'd trust myself to buy clothes for a fella too.  

full back

Quote from: Puckoon on November 29, 2007, 06:33:56 PM
3. Get a hold of her sister/friend and ask them to come shopping with you - when she finds out you made that effort its win win win all around.

This is a superb idea puckoon.It is good for 2 reasons.

1. puckoon's reason as above or
2. if it turns out you give her the boot, you have already done a bit of digger work for your next legover ;)

pintsofguinness

QuotePOG, feel very sorry for your woman...

Yeah, God love her, she doesn't have an easy life  :(
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rois

Quote from: hardstation on November 29, 2007, 07:40:53 PM

Did you (supposed to) accompany him?

It didn't get that far - prob would have told him to take a friend to the match but let me come to London.  Pity for him it didn't last a bit longer, I now know Arsenel's CEO's son...

I did go on the flying lesson though (pure chance).

Sky Blue

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 29, 2007, 07:42:42 PM
Pints are you not buying your missus a puncture repair kit and a pump. I hear she has been a bit down lately.

:D :D :D Excellent 5Times!!

ONeill

I'm buying her a trip to The Emirates.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

full back

Rois

Quote from: full back on November 29, 2007, 07:47:03 PM
Quote from: Rois on November 29, 2007, 07:44:38 PM
I now know Arsenel's CEO's son...

You know him, or you know him Rois?

Don't be cheeky now  ;)

In fairness, I prob wouldn't "know" him if I was still going out with the other boyo.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 29, 2007, 07:42:42 PM
Pints are you not buying your missus a puncture repair kit and a pump. I hear she has been a bit down lately.

:-\

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Rois

OMG, totally forgot about a handbag!!!

Get her a Radley handbag - you can get them in Debenhams, House of Fraser (there's one in Dundrum for the Dubs), or in some boutique shops like one down the street at the back of Boots in Belfast.

The bags with the little Scottie dogs.

www.radley.co.uk

There are some highly dodgy ones in the collection though so have a browse and I'll tell you if I think a normal girl would like it.

(ps I was on secondment to Radley last year for a few months, I know lots and lots about them...and would still buy their handbags)

THE MIGHTY QUINN

When buying a present for a woman it seems that £100 is the price threshold below which a Christmas present is deemed unacceptable.

I discovered this last year when I bought my missus an Electrolux Speedy Press Mark III electric steam iron.  It's a top notch model but it only cost £90 and I assume this was the reason that my missus took the big time hump with me and never spoke to me until St Patrick's Day.  

I'm not going to get caught out like that this year though.  No way hose.  I've spent £120 on a Qualcast Concorde Cylinder Lawnmower.  I can't wait to see the look on her little face when she opens it on Christmas morning.

pintsofguinness

Oh oh oh!

I got my woman a handbag one...christmas I think it was.

granted, the woman in the shop picked it but still!!

and you felt sorry for her rois!

Rois

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 29, 2007, 08:10:50 PM
Oh oh oh!

and you felt sorry for her rois!

Good man yourself, and you get extra points for asking the woman in the shop rather than picking it yourself.