Christmas presents for Girlfriends

Started by Galwaybhoy, November 29, 2007, 05:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Well the Official Daddy Thread has been augmented by the Official Granda Thread - so maybe Christmas Presents are for wives now instead of girlfriends (if we're all growing up).

Absolutely at a loss this year.  Can't think of a Christmas Gift for herself.

supersarsfields

Feck your starting early, what's the rush?

Puckoon

Well I'll wanna play golf on Saturday and Sunday...

Boycey

Quote from: Puckoon on December 18, 2017, 03:36:14 PM
Well I'll wanna play golf on Saturday and Sunday...

Theres your answer, there is bound to be something suitable in the pro shop ;)

laoislad

I think I'm at the point in my marriage now (7 years + 3 kids) where it seems a bit silly getting the wife anything. Wouldn't the money be better spent on the ESB bill or something like that.
I haven't told her yet but sure we'll see how it goes.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Just take them out to town, buy them what they want, they've picked it, have dinner and few drinks, everyone a winner.. Then you can get her a less expensive prezzie to open up on xmas day but there's no pressure on that as they have already got what they were looking for!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2017, 03:51:56 PM
Just take them out to town, buy them what they want, they've picked it, have dinner and few drinks, everyone a winner.. Then you can get her a less expensive prezzie to open up on xmas day but there's no pressure on that as they have already got what they were looking for!

You must be one of those lucky lads whose wife has a bit of cop on and tells you what she wants. . .  if I hear "surprise me" one more Christmas or birthday I think I may explode!!!

Haven't a f**king scooby doo what to get her!!

armaghniac

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2017, 03:47:55 PM
I think I'm at the point in my marriage now (7 years + 3 kids) where it seems a bit silly getting the wife anything. Wouldn't the money be better spent on the ESB bill or something like that.

Could you not run a wire past the ESB meter!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theskull1

Quote from: screenexile on December 18, 2017, 04:27:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2017, 03:51:56 PM

You must be one of those lucky lads whose wife has a bit of cop on and tells you what she wants. . .  if I hear "surprise me" one more Christmas or birthday I think I may explode!!!

Haven't a f**king scooby doo what to get her!!

+1

SIL's are a good go to for ideas
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

trueblue1234

Go and look at the warpaint cabinet. Check which tubs are getting low. Job done.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seany

Definitely the funniest thread on the board. A few laugh out loud posts on here.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Avondhu star

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2017, 03:47:55 PM

Im not sure how that will work out. I am going to buy mine  a new iron as she needs to improve on her ironing skills and is always blaming the old iron. I can't wait to see her little eyes light up when she opens her present.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.