Kerry 75-86 v Crossmaglen 97-08

Started by ONeill, November 25, 2007, 04:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Casey

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on November 25, 2007, 05:37:40 PM
Well I suppose the Kerry players are between 45-55 and are nearly all crippled so Cross would have a good chance!!!

They'd still need a 10 point start.

This is like comparing good wine with average porter.
KERRY 3:7

thebandit

Would Spillane's granny still be fit for Francie? :L

corn02

I believe you are all misinterpreting. ONeill means who is the greatest in their respected circumstances.

armaghniac

Any merit to entering Cross in the Tommy Murphy cup to liven it up a bit.  :P
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

his holiness nb

Quote from: corn02 on November 25, 2007, 04:50:44 PM
I believe you are all misinterpreting. ONeill means who is the greatest in their respected circumstances

Really??

Quote from: ONeill on November 25, 2007, 04:50:44 PM
Crossmaglen are the greatest side ever at any level.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

corn02

I believe he means the greatest team at any level as in no one at any level is better, does not mean Cross would beat the Kerry side.

el_cuervo_fc

Did St Mary's not beat cross in a friendly just a month or so ago?  O'Neill's On the Pure wind up

ONeill

Crossmaglen have won 20-odd consecutive finals at county, provincial and All-Ireland level against the best in their field. They're playing against champions of other counties and provinces. Throw into the mix Armagh's lengthy campaigns from 1999-onwards, usually backboned by 4-5 Cross men. This generation of Crossmaglen is the greatest footballing institution assembled in the history of the game. At any level. Kerry, as remarkable as they were over a period of 11 years, excelled when there was absolutely nothing in Ulster, Connaght was dire whilst Dublin were the only competitive side in Ireland (though for 3 years Offaly matched their level).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Scarlet

wouldnt be too really well up on cross but surely if ye matched the players o'neills arguement would be over.
jesus like what is going on here?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

gallsman

Quote from: blasmere on November 25, 2007, 04:36:43 PM
What a thread!! - you must be bored today O'Neill

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oisin himself wouldn't even make that Kerry squad!!

Anyway, Nemo Rangers are more succesful than Cross (13 Munster Clubs & 7 All-Irelands - between 72-73 and 88-89 they won 9 Cork titles, 8 Munsters & 5 All-Irelands)

Aye, spread out over three decades. Cross have four, and are odds-on to make it a fifth, in 12 years. Please don't even compare the difficulty in winning a Munster Club title to the Ulster version.

darbyo

QuotePlease don't even compare the difficulty in winning a Munster Club title to the Ulster version.

Why not, the county champions of all the Munster counties are generally strong. I'd say most of them would give most of the Ulster sides a good game(or any other province for that matter). I could give you recent examples to back that up but anyone who knows their club football would already agree with me I'm sure. 

under the bar

The Mayo ladies team of the early 2000's have to get a mention as well.   They were as potent a force as either Cross or Kerry.

passedit

I make that a 12 point win for the evil empire. Both defences a bit porous.
Don't Panic

ONeill

Quote from: darbyo on November 26, 2007, 07:02:02 PM
QuotePlease don't even compare the difficulty in winning a Munster Club title to the Ulster version.

Why not, the county champions of all the Munster counties are generally strong. I'd say most of them would give most of the Ulster sides a good game(or any other province for that matter). I could give you recent examples to back that up but anyone who knows their club football would already agree with me I'm sure. 

Afraid not. Since Cross won their first All-Ireland in 1997, only Nemo in 2003 have lifted the title for Munster (once in 11 years!) . In fact Nemo have been beaten by St Galls and Ballinderry since then.  In that period Ulster and Connacht have won 5 each.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Kerry Mike

How would the bould Francie, if fit, handle the Bomber Liston, he was on his hole after Donaghy last year and Donaghy is not fit to lace the Bombers boots just yet.

Oisin would not get nothing easy off Paidi O'Se and Jacko would have both the McEntee twins in his arse pocket early on around midfield. Aaron Kernan would be chasing Pat Spillane around the place all day and wondering why Daddy Big Joe would not take him off. T'would be an embarrassment. Kerry in a canter.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football