Kerry 75-86 v Crossmaglen 97-08

Started by ONeill, November 25, 2007, 04:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Is this a fair match-up?

Kerry perhaps had greater individuals but as a collective team I feel Crossmaglen are now superior outfit, the greatest side in the history of Gaelic Football.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aghdavoyle

you mean in a match? as in the kerry intercounty team versus a club side?

are you serious?

are you seriously deluded?

sligeach

Quote from: ONeill on November 25, 2007, 04:24:15 PM
Is this a fair match-up?

Kerry perhaps had greater individuals but as a collective team I feel Crossmaglen are now superior outfit, the greatest side in the history of Gaelic Football.

eeehhhhhhh .... are you serious ?

sligeach

That Kerry team ... well .. how can you put something like that into words ? The definition of talent and class.

Sorry man, Cross as a club side versus that Kerry team ? Lucky to be within 30 points of them.

blasmere

What a thread!! - you must be bored today O'Neill

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oisin himself wouldn't even make that Kerry squad!!

Anyway, Nemo Rangers are more succesful than Cross (13 Munster Clubs & 7 All-Irelands - between 72-73 and 88-89 they won 9 Cork titles, 8 Munsters & 5 All-Irelands)
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Aghdavoyle

Cross might beat antrim if antrim had a bad day but other than that any current county team in ulster would beat cross or any other club team. The difference in standard betweeen club and county football is huge.

Maybe you meant the best club? There were only 3 players playing today who played on cross' first all ireland team so it could hardly be thought of as the same team?

But sure you were only joking oneill....     ;)

Tatler Jack

Is there drink involved here O'Neill :)

What about that club in Donegal that won something like 18 county hurling titiles in a row. Surely they deserve to be compared to the Cork 3 in a row team in the 70's or some of the great Kilkenny and Tipp teams ;D

ONeill

Crossmaglen are the greatest side ever at any level.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: ONeill on November 25, 2007, 04:50:44 PM
Crossmaglen are the greatest side ever at any level.

Definitiely drink involved!!! Sure its Christmas time. Maybe you could put together a bit of a ballad on the deeds of Cross O'Neill

Fear ón Srath Bán

Didn't Joe Kernan do his damnedest to play Cross as the Armagh county team, and look where that got them!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 25, 2007, 04:30:28 PM
they still rely heavily on Oisin.

Oisin din't touch leather against Dromore and they still won.

You have to admit Cross are something special.
In their respestive levels of competition it's a good argument.

Sandy Hill

Cross, undoubtedly the greatst club in the history of the GAA!
"Stercus accidit"

whyarerefssobad

as someone said earlier nemo are more successful
always look on the bright side

Bogball XV

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on November 25, 2007, 04:42:47 PM

Cross might beat antrim if antrim had a bad day but other than that any current county team in ulster would beat cross or any other club team. The difference in standard betweeen club and county football is huge.

Maybe you meant the best club? There were only 3 players playing today who played on cross' first all ireland team so it could hardly be thought of as the same team?

But sure you were only joking oneill....     ;)
I think today proved they'd beat Antrim.

DUBSFORSAM1

Well I suppose the Kerry players are between 45-55 and are nearly all crippled so Cross would have a good chance!!!