Dessie Has a Go at Us in The Star!!!

Started by Seany, November 24, 2007, 10:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

This has been a great week for the Board in the News.  Not content with causing a stir all week in the media with our Down Strike story, Dessie has us in the Star.  Actually he castigates us all and says he would like to meet us face to face and have it out with us.  I was thinking we could meet them in Quinn's pub with the understanding that we let Mcgeeney leave during Happy Hour.

Silky

Can you post more details or a copy of the article?

Bud Wiser

Why doesn't he post here, or, why doesn't he post here under his real name, that way he could address us all.  I won't be reading what is in the Star because I don't buy it. Has anyone got more info as to what was said?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

This GPA is using every other part of the media to enfore their views - why don't they do it here as well ?

his holiness nb

Why doesnt he post on here so we can set up a meeting?

This "face to face" shite is acting the hardman.

Ask me holy bollix

Star Spangler

Quotesays he would like to meet us face to face and have it out with us

I don't see it being too difficult to arrange.

Silky

the Deel Rover

Does dessie not want us to have an opinion? 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Doogie Browser

Great PR by Dessie using The Star as his platform, that well renowned investigative paper.  Never known to sensationalise anything.  

behind the wire

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 24, 2007, 11:27:35 AM
Does dessie not want us to have an opinion? 

now now deel you should already know that you arent allowed to have an opinion on this matter unless its the same as dessie's!! come to think of it there was a wee man knocking about germany in the 30's with an attitude like that, and an aul hoor knocking about britain in the 80's with pretty much the same point of view!!

maybe we should call dessie Maggie from now on - hes going to crush us and our uprising against his bastion of sporting morality.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

pintsofguinness

We don't need to go to the trouble of setting up a meeting with Dessie for him to hear our views, he can hear them from any of the grassroots members in any county in the country.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Time for Ziggy to join the party.

The GPA had a very useful purpose in their incarnation, as a lot of Gaelic Players weren't getting looked after all. However, this has been more than dealt with now. They get free boots, kits, training gear, access to gyms and lots of inter-county teams get away for team holidays in sunnier climates. What more do they need?

Why are inter-county players more important than club players? Why are they more important than than the original club workers. The managers? The grounds men? The tea ladies? The ticket sellers? The website designers *coughs*?

Every member of the GAA is as important as the next. This notion of the inter-county players between at the top rung of the ladder is laughable. To me, it's the club workers who deal with the grassroot GAA on a day-to-day basis.

The inter-county need no more. The GPA should be wound up and leave the stage. In my opinion the GPA is far more dangerous to the GAA than the presence worried of the ARL. The GPA are out to destroy what the GAA means and is to the every man, woman and child in Ireland and further afield.

The time of the GPA is over, step down now Dessie.

For Dessie, if you want to have it out with me: Apparently my details are easy to find.
To everyone else: If I suddenly disappear in the night, you know who to look towards.
Testing Accessibility

Tatler Jack

Hi Dessie

Would be glad to meet you and any of your cohorts anywhere anytime to argue my point. I would say that it is the GPA that have avoided real debate up to this. Seems to be easy to annoy you, obviously you do not like people to have their own opinions.

Just get one of your sidekicks that come on here to PM me and I am sure we can sort out a suitable time and place to meet.

PS I am not jealous of your football achievements, your eloquence or your management skills. ::)

Lone Shark

sport@thestar.ie

I don't have a contact number, but I'm sure they'd be amenable to printing a right of reply article on behalf of GAAboard.

If anyone has any contacts in there, then possibly we should use that, failing that I'm perfectly willing to volunteer to take on the task.