Dessie Has a Go at Us in The Star!!!

Started by Seany, November 24, 2007, 10:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

I'm happy enough to let you reply on my behalf Lone Shark.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

absolutely LS you email them

BTW
if there is any meeting, I'd happlily go along.
Will put to bed this macho bullsh*t idea that we are ALL faceless people who wont meet them to discuss our opinions on why the GPA are wong for what they are doing ( agree with grumy pintsoflemonjuice they can hear these off most grass roots members).

Dessie and McGeeney, you have actually met me and I have no problem saying anything to your faces.  PM me if you like , esp if you are inviting some of the other lads around.

I met Mick Galvin in the local shop near where he and McGeeney live (beside me too) and told him that your lads (na fianna) were 100% wrong and going against the principles of the GAA for going to the courts that time where na fianna were eliminated from the leinster club championship.
I'll have no problem with you boys either!

neilthemac

yeah. email them. tell him feck off

there are a lot of people who just read comments in message boards and don't post anything.

most of us here are ordinary club players who's opinion and voice will never be heard in the 'national' media

Lone Shark

For the moment I've just emailed saying that we'd like a right of reply, and pointing out how we represent club members across Ireland and beyond, a community which as yet has not had their voices heard in the national media.

I rang the office as well, but it's all the Sunday Star crowd in for now, and they wouldn't be able to accomodate such an article at this stage, if my experience with papers is anything to go by.

Once they get back to me with a word count etc, I'll post up my first draft up here and obviously would be happy to adjust it based on the assorted thoughts of board members here, the idea being to represent the collective opinions rather than just mine. 

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

I'm more than happy to contribute in anyway you see fit lonestar. Will PM you later regarding this.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Ah for f..k sake. Viewing this through my phone.
Testing Accessibility

the Deel Rover

Yea great idea Loan Shark. Does Dessie not realise that people who write on theis board have played football with their clubs some have played  intercounty level or have family that have represented their county with pride and who do so not for monetary gains but for the honour and love of the jersey. He goes on giving the impression that he speaks for all intercounty footballers which is utter bullsh*t . One ex intecountY hurler DAVE Guiney from wexford and who was part of the 1996 AI winning teams took out an advertisement in the classifieds with his local Newspaper saying Available Ex intercounty hurler available to play, 15 Years experience old model high milage but good service record.Willing to train 7 nights a week for the honour if representing Wexford and for the privilege of playing in Croke park.No grant required contact Dave Guiney Rathnure.Fair fcuks to you Dave a real gaa man. Shame on you Dessie.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Zapatista

Quote from: Lone Shark on November 24, 2007, 01:29:41 PM
For the moment I've just emailed saying that we'd like a right of reply, and pointing out how we represent club members across Ireland and beyond, a community which as yet has not had their voices heard in the national media.

I rang the office as well, but it's all the Sunday Star crowd in for now, and they wouldn't be able to accomodate such an article at this stage, if my experience with papers is anything to go by.

Once they get back to me with a word count etc, I'll post up my first draft up here and obviously would be happy to adjust it based on the assorted thoughts of board members here, the idea being to represent the collective opinions rather than just mine. 

I won't be contributing to your draft Lone Star. I've read some of your posts and think you are well able for it. I think you should champion this.  If you try to accom everyone it will be messy. I can post my opinions here if anyone (GPA) wants to see them. And if Dessie wants to meet me, I'd be happy to accomadate him.

blast05

This is all part of Lone Sharks cunning plan to eventually become a renouned journalist on mega bucks, jumping on to the capitalist train. Writing books and becoming a millionaire will be the next part of the plan after that. He'll turn his back on us yet boys i tell you  :P  :P  :P

Only joking of course, more power to you and no better man to put a right of reply together. Agreed as well that you should champion this not making too much of an effort in getting opinions of people on this board otherwise it would only become messy

rrhf

At least the GAA aims to be democratic, the GPA looks like it wants to silence every opposing opinion.  How wrong that its those who are seeking change that are silencing freedom of speech.  Dessie now thta we know you are reading this.    I gave your message every chance, but you come accross very poorly.   Your day is over Dessie, go cut the grass or get out of my GAA.

Fear ón Srath Bán

That intemperate outburst from Dessie demonstrates very clearly just how far detached from reality the GPA now are (yes Dessie, you're rapidly losing it, and I'll be happy to meet up with you to repeat that point, any time). Great riposte from Dave Guiney  ;)

As with any organisation that has outstayed its usefulness, the nearer to its extinction the more shrill the protestations of relevance.

And good man Lone Shark, way to go.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Carmen Stateside