wine

Started by ludermor, November 22, 2007, 10:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Anyone know anything about wine, deliveries from overseas etc. I was in South Africa last year and done a few wine tours and we were pushed big time into buying from the wineries when we were there. At the time didn't drink much but that has changed in the last year. So heading to New Zealand in a few weeks and was wondering is it worth buying direct over there or buy on line somewhere. Hopefully someone has some info!

Gnevin

Shocking stuff . Give me a pint on plain anyday
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

SeanSouth

Buckfast, nice and smooth taste.

gerry

Have a few glasses each night. Not sure why you want to import for, when you can get loads of good wine in most off sales.  Unless you want to buy a bottle as an investment.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ludermor

Cheers ill PM John.
Not sure about import, but the fact ill be there just wondering if its worth it. I wouldnt mind having a few cases in the house at home where there is f**k all off sales. But that is why im asking :)

ziggysego

I like a nice glass of McGuigan's White.

Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on November 22, 2007, 10:34:28 PM

Agree with my Jackeen friend..Have tried good few wines but just can't acquire a taste for it..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ludermor

Tyrones own

Quote from: hardstation on November 22, 2007, 11:04:40 PM
Châteauneuf-du-Pape went down well on the 'Get you up in the morning' thread.

Was give a bottle of Said wine a few yrs ago it was a '95, supposedly a great yr, might have to ask
Mr. McGill though but it was the best bottle of wine i ever had bar none, great stuff!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Bod Mor

Quote from: ludermor on November 22, 2007, 10:18:25 PM
So heading to New Zealand in a few weeks and was wondering is it worth buying direct over there or buy on line somewhere. Hopefully someone has some info!

I was over in NZ in April for a wedding and sampled some of the stuff in the Marlborough region (North of the South Island). There was a quarry load of wine drank at the same wedding indeed!
New Zealand wine sales are booming worldwide, some lovely wines to be got in the area. They do lovely souvignon blancs. In the wineries they mix two kinds of white grapes due to the type of climate New Zealand has.

Most of the wineries we went to said they shipped wine worldwide. It would probably be best to sort it out when you get there.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 22, 2007, 11:04:01 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on November 22, 2007, 10:34:28 PM

Agree with my Jackeen friend..Have tried good few wines but just can't acquire a taste for it..
Shocking head aches the day after too?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Puckoon

Quote from: ludermor on November 22, 2007, 11:00:42 PM
Cheers ill PM John.
Not sure about import, but the fact ill be there just wondering if its worth it. I wouldnt mind having a few cases in the house at home where there is f**k all off sales. But that is why im asking :)

Ludemor, I just buy 4 or 5 bottles at a time when its a wine I like. That way, there is always a stock pile in the house.

john mcgill

Just bought a case of Neblina merlot off majestic.co.uk worked out at £3.88 a bottle and is a great house wine.  Also its not one of the more visible ones that you see in supermarkets so you can bring it to dinner parties and people can't immediately guess the cost or realise that I'm a cheap skate.

spiritof91and94

We await Fearons judgement although lidl's branded wine may be his tipple.

Rois

My tastes are getting more expensive - my red of choice would be a Fleurie at the minute. 
Nicest bottle of wine at the mo is Pouilly-Fumé.