The Sopranos

Started by Croí na hÉireann, November 22, 2007, 03:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blasmere

There's another one called Brotherhood - based on 2 Irish-American brothers, one a gangster, the other a politician - that one wasn't too bad
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: blasmere on November 22, 2007, 05:14:55 PM
There's another one called Brotherhood - based on 2 Irish-American brothers, one a gangster, the other a politician - that one wasn't too bad

it's about 347,896 times better than the Black Donnellys

J70

Quote from: full back on November 22, 2007, 05:11:48 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on November 22, 2007, 05:03:49 PM
any of youse seen the show called the black donnellys,it's based on a irish crime family based in hells kitchen?

Complete load of sh1t

Olivia Wilde is seriously cute though! ;)

Mack the finger

Since the soprano's ended, TV's been dead to me.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 22, 2007, 04:50:00 PM
Ah Jaysus lads, the mornings are tough enough as it is watching The Sopranos on More 4 at 12 midnight without getting me hooked on more... Anyone any experience with this website??? http://classicboxset.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

Works out about 66 yoyos with the dollar the way it is at the moment for the 6 series, easily the cheapest I could find, think they get them from China but they're region free (so they say themselves anyway)...

Went ahead and ordered the complete 6 seasons on Nov de 23rd from this shower, got them today, must have been held up in the Christmas post. Possibly the best value I've ever found on d'internet, must see about taking de rest of de week off...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 08, 2008, 03:26:06 PM
Ah Jaysus lads, the mornings are tough enough as it is watching The Sopranos on More 4 at 12 midnight without getting me hooked on more... Anyone any experience with this website??? http://classicboxset.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

Works out about 66 yoyos with the dollar the way it is at the moment for the 6 series, easily the cheapest I could find, think they get them from China but they're region free (so they say themselves anyway)...

Went ahead and ordered the complete 6 seasons on Nov de 23rd from this shower, got them today, must have been held up in the Christmas post. Possibly the best value I've ever found on d'internet, must see about taking de rest of de week off...
i'm up to series 4 watching 2 episodes per night , thank god i have them because there is fcuk all on the tele its great stuff ,tony is some boyo
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Minder

How much for shipping? So about £48 then if they are £97..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2008, 03:37:40 PM

Shipping is included in the price, just don't be expecting it in the morning. On their website they say it should take between 15-20 WORKING DAYS, comes from China...

stew

The wife picked me up the complete series of Red Dwarf and I got the Black Adder series. Dwarf is good but Blackadder is absolutely brilliant altogether and I cant wit to get into series two.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Mac hinery

The Sopranos season 3 episode 11 Pine Barrens, directed by Steve Buscemi is an absolute classic.  Paulie and Chris take on a russian who turns out to be ex russian army special services.

Minder

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 08, 2008, 03:53:39 PM

Shipping is included in the price, just don't be expecting it in the morning. On their website they say it should take between 15-20 WORKING DAYS, comes from China...

Let us know what the quality is like etc like a good lad......I may get it too.....
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Billys Boots

QuotePine Barrens, directed by Steve Buscemi

That's gotta be in the running for the best episode ever, though I really liked the one when Tony, Paulie and Christopher went to Naples, 'on business'.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

stephenite

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 22, 2007, 04:34:05 PM
I like(d) The Sopranos, The Wire (probably the best of them) and Deadwood - all are brilliant.  Honourable mentions too to Rome and Dexter.

Have only recently watched the first season of Dexter and thougt it was brilliant

clarshack

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 09, 2008, 09:05:50 AM
QuotePine Barrens, directed by Steve Buscemi

this episode was on again on christmas night (think it was on more 4). brilliant episode but disappointing that they never returned to this storyline. the russian had actually climbed a tree and was looking down at them after he had been shot.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2008, 10:26:54 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 08, 2008, 03:53:39 PM

Let us know what the quality is like etc like a good lad......I may get it too.....

Well LAD, the quality is DVD quality, just watched de pilot last night, no problems apart from having to take the subtitles off, same as this one here http://cgi.ebay.ie/Sopranos-Season-1-6_W0QQitemZ260200569438QQihZ016QQcategoryZ2288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Go get it, there's a good LAD...