The Sopranos

Started by Croí na hÉireann, November 22, 2007, 03:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Have been watching it from the start on More 4 for the past couple of weeks, have to say, it is one quality program. Caught episodes here and there before but didn't fully understand/appreciate the relationships between the characters. Brilliantly put together and the dream sequences are as good as the ones in The Big Lebowski. Must put the box set on Santas list...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

the Deel Rover

didn't get to watch the series myself when it 1st came out however someone got me a present of the box sets a few weeks ago and i just can't stop watching them brilliant 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Gabriel_Hurl

I've got every one of these episodes on DVD - best television series ever.

They get better the more you watch them

Dinny Breen

QuoteI've got every one of these episodes on DVD - best television series ever.

Would agree until I started watching The Wire, now I'm just damn confused....
#newbridgeornowhere

Donagh

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 22, 2007, 03:24:47 PM

The wire is a great series. Have them all downloaded. The Baltimore cops know how do a proper wake.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Donagh on November 22, 2007, 03:30:25 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 22, 2007, 03:24:47 PM

The wire is a great series. Have them all downloaded. The Baltimore cops know how do a proper wake.
Never heard of it lads whan channel is it on
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

glens73

Personally, I think the Shield is one of the best programmes around.

Gabriel_Hurl

TG4 show the Wire I believe

Billys Boots

I like(d) The Sopranos, The Wire (probably the best of them) and Deadwood - all are brilliant.  Honourable mentions too to Rome and Dexter.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Croí na hÉireann

Ah Jaysus lads, the mornings are tough enough as it is watching The Sopranos on More 4 at 12 midnight without getting me hooked on more... Anyone any experience with this website??? http://classicboxset.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

Works out about 66 yoyos with the dollar the way it is at the moment for the 6 series, easily the cheapest I could find, think they get them from China but they're region free (so they say themselves anyway)...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Drumanee 1

any of youse seen the show called the black donnellys,it's based on a irish crime family based in hells kitchen?

Gabriel_Hurl

full back

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on November 22, 2007, 05:03:49 PM
any of youse seen the show called the black donnellys,it's based on a irish crime family based in hells kitchen?

Complete load of sh1t

mayo51

yes i have seen the black donnellys and it is a pile of garbage.it was pulled by the networks after a few episodes