Bank Of Ireland Sponsorship

Started by Bud Wiser, November 21, 2007, 08:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Bank of Ireland are no longer the sponsor of the football - I think, or if looking at their share prices tumble they won't be soon anyway. Me wonders if the new sponsor will be an Insurance Company like Allianze who sponsor the league.  If that were to be the case the GAA should do a deal with both sponsors whereby inter county players and those that train with their county teams be looked after with cheaper car insurance. A lot of young lads between 18 and 21 are paying house mortgage prices for car insurance and incentives like this for players would make the need for the GPA redundant.  If Gaelic Telecom can provide incentives for every gaa member then a database for county players would be easy.  I know I woukd be pretty pissed off if I was a responsible young lad of 18yrs looking at Allianze advertising hoardings around me while I gave my all in training or in Croke Park and then have to bite the bullet at the annoyance of having to pay up to Euro, 2000,00 in insurance for the privelage of driving a car of half that value.

I am sure that statistics will show that your average young gaa player is a safer bet than the boy racers. The other advantage would be when a young lad wants to buy a car the Da would be telling him, grab yourself a hurl son and get down to the Gaa club or you wont be getting it !
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

Less than seven minutes after my post above a banner add pops up with "Axa Insurance, cheap insurance for 18 - 25's, call Axa Now" Theres slick advertisng for ya !

I am seeking a quote for four teams per county with 25 players on each panel of Minor and Senior Hurling and Football based on 400.00 a skull.

That comes to only 1.28 Million so every minor and senior county panel could be insured and with another 1.28 we could throw in a bit of health insurance for the players or a personal insurance & investment policy.  Job done. No more GPA and Bertie, who can't sort out his own finances would not have to get involved in sorting out ours. Dessie could apply himself to more meaningful things like trying to get people into work instead of going on strike and we would be one happy little country again while the GAA decided what to do with the rest of the sponsorship money.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

ziggysego

To my knowledge, the football won't be sponsored by a single company. I think it's four companies, though they haven't been announced yet.

I wonder if I can influence the advertising.

Squareball t-shirts. Trendy.
Testing Accessibility

DUBSFORSAM1

Bud -

The GPA already have a scheme in place whereby the following is available to all GPA members (including officials, club players, administrators etc) whereby they get the following -

12 months membership costs only €50.00 and entitles you to: 

25% off Car Insurance with INSURE.IE
Health Insurance discount with insure.ie and VIVAS
Exclusive significant discounts on OPEL cars
Receive Official GPA Press Releases in REAL TIME
Regular Member exclusive eZine
Discounted Admission to designated GPA events
Opportunity to purchase Official GPA merchandise
Regular Sponsor Offers
Opportunity to win All Ireland Tickets
Opportunity to win tickets for the OPEL Gaelic Players' Awards

behind the wire

thanks for that kieran. il maybe drop you 50euro so as ican join your elitist organisation.

will i ****
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Bud Wiser

QuoteRe: Bank Of Ireland Sponsorship
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:24:24 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bud -

The GPA already have a scheme in place whereby the following is available to all GPA members (including officials, club players, administrators etc) whereby they get the following -

12 months membership costs only €50.00 and entitles you to:  

25% off Car Insurance with INSURE.IE
Health Insurance discount with insure.ie and VIVAS
Exclusive significant discounts on OPEL cars
Receive Official GPA Press Releases in REAL TIME
Regular Member exclusive eZine
Discounted Admission to designated GPA events
Opportunity to purchase Official GPA merchandise
Regular Sponsor Offers
Opportunity to win All Ireland Tickets
Opportunity to win tickets for the OPEL Gaelic Players' Awards  

The first three items on the list are ok, well, sort of. The rest would not be required if there were no GPA in the first place because you would not be going to their events, reading their magazines purchasing their merchandise etc.

What I am saying is if an insurer, say Allianze agreed to set a figure of 300 euro as a special rate to insure every player in a panel of 25, senior and minor, hurling and football in the 32 counties and then they agreed to pay all the policies they could do it for less than 1Million (960,000) but the real savings to the players could be three times that or 3 Million every year wheras we have now discovered that the 5Million grant the GPA and Bertie can not decide how to allocate has now been discovered to be a once off grant and NOT an ongoing or annual grant.

How many players, actual players are members of the GPA and how many members are not players?

The proposed new arrangement is that three brands pay 1.7 Million each a year for sponsorship which is over 5m.

DUBSFORSAM1

Bud - But does your proposal cover for every single person who plays club etc which is what the GPA does....

Bogball XV

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on November 21, 2007, 08:20:17 PM
Bud - But does your proposal cover for every single person who plays club etc which is what the GPA does....
The discounts given to GPA members are no more than the normal bulk discount deals, Bud's proposal is much better as it specifies an amount, with the GPA's scheme, 25% discount of €2000 still leaves the cub with €1500 to pay.

magickingdom

bud, bank of ireland shares are a steal at the moment 8 times earnings - BUY

Bud Wiser