The official GAABOARD Poker thread.

Started by Puckoon, November 20, 2007, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

DrinkingHarp

This saturday playing on PokerStars 370 buy in with a guaranteed 200 seats to the WSOP main event. I expect about 2000 entrants so 1 out of ten odds looks good. ::) ;)

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

the Deel Rover

phil ivy (spl)  is some player , i was watching the Poker on sky the other night and to see the way he won a hand with a 6spades 4heart was unreal a complete bluff and there were some great players at the table jesus ferguson, gus hansen. tony g
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Sausalito Bay

Belfast's Marty Smyth has just won the $10k Pot Limit Omaha World Championship event at the WSOP, beating the world's best players and  picking up $859,549  in the process.   Well done Marty, great for Irish poker. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

downtown

any1 play in any local clubs around home? any of yas tryin 2 quality for WSOP Europe in London?

gerry

one of the final tables at wsop 08, heads up AK versus 10,4 suited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q61aOvaHa4E
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

the Deel Rover

Quote from: gerry on August 16, 2008, 11:10:05 AM
one of the final tables at wsop 08, heads up AK versus 10,4 suited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q61aOvaHa4E

crikey just shows you i wouldn't have gone all in there i'd have thrown in my hand, what would ye boys have done ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

corn02

It was a donkey play nand he got purew lucky., I assume he was short stacked because a pro wouldn;t have touched it normally.

Puckoon

He wasnt short stacked at all. Not a great play by any means, but there is slight rational in him pushing back over the top. In heads up play, you expect people to be raising with any two cards, and its not uncommon for the fella who re raised (i.e. the loser) to be holding something like King, 10. In this instance, the re re raise with 10, 4 of diamonds all in, is not a bad play, because the second hand cant really call. Infact, the fella with Ace King called so quickly, it was a little amateurish on his part. Ace King is a very over rated hand.

That said, I wouldnt put my tournament life on the line with 10, 4 however its two totally different things to move all in with that hand, and then be called, or to just call with it. If he'd called with 10, 4, then yes - a donkey of the highest order!

corn02

True enough Puck!

Quote from: Puckoon on August 16, 2008, 03:19:18 PM
Ace King is a very over rated hand.

I would say the most over-rated hand. Peoiple just can't seem to realise that AK is nothing ion the hand.

ludermor

Do any of ye lads use any of the tracking sites? i got a fair shock one day when another player said to me that i was on a good run, i thought he was bluffing but he told me my last 5 finihses. he gave me the name of the site he uses and i got a fair shock when i put my name in it and seen how much i had lost to date!

corn02

yeah checked it , total horro. Can't mind the name. sharkfinder or something.

ludermor

sharkscope is what yer man was using, its some tool , you can put in the game you are playing in and it gives info on all the players on your table.while i alwalys treat poker like a hobby i didnt realise it was an expensive hobby!!!!

corn02

ditto. and the fact that it is in dollars makes it look a lot worse.