The official GAABOARD Poker thread.

Started by Puckoon, November 20, 2007, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

So basically what you are saying is that top set in a non straightening non flushing board is the nuts.

I think the penny just dropped. Every other set has to contend with a possible straight possibility. All it took was a cup of coffee. :D

Ive had a good week - Im 2300$ in the red (would have been 2500$ except for the buy in for that tournament on monday, in which I made a complete donkey play when I really didnt have to)

Sarsfields - good luck in the satellite. Im playing in a 200$ buy in satellite myself for the WSOP at the end of may.

On another note - I dont know if anyone of you have heard the WSOP decisions for this years main event final table. Silly silly decision, that makes little sense to me as a player - but sense to them as a marketing group.

The WSOP final table will be delayed until november 9th and broadcast live over 2 days. That means you have 3 months to study opponents, gain sponsorship and practice.

Or you have 3 months to run cold. If I got to a final table, I wouldnt want to take a 3 month hiatus. Poker luck runs in cycles. Play when you are hot.

Surreal Steve

well how/whats everyone doing poker-wise

Puckoon

Tough week at the office last week steve. Got stuck 400 in a no limit game. Flopped a full house 9,2,2 when I was holding pocket 9s. Was moved all in by two players. One had 4 deuces and the other rivered a Queen for Queens full of deuces. Thankfully Id just bought in for 300$ and hadnt accumulated too many chips, because the guy who hit the third queen on the river had about 1400$ in front of him - and he'd have taken everything from me.

Both other days I played I lost 80$ on the first hand once with kings against aces and the other time I held aces and got beaten by kings! Still cashed out 100$ profit both days.

Tough game somedays.

That said, im still well in the plus side this month.

Puckoon

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on May 29, 2008, 05:00:01 PM
Whats the best online poker site?

Pokerstars

Tons of Tournys, easier to navigate, cash games, easy to get money into the site and they sent me to the Bahamas ;)

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

supersarsfields

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 08, 2008, 10:03:14 AM
Well lads after two series of qualifiers I have qualified for the WSOP Satellite $580.00 in party poker. Prize pool is at $40,500 already with 36 entries. Top prize $13.5 package to the WSOP. 3 Packages guaranteed.

Bad news is that the game is on tomorrow so I have had to unregister as I've a god damn wedding tomorrow!! But It leaves me with a free roll for the next one.

Wish me luck!!

Firstly Puckoon I'd reccomend party poker. Eassy to use and very quick.

Secondly I've registered for this comp tomorrow nite. It's played every friday but for one reason or another haven't been able to play it over the last couple of weeks. But free tomorrow so going to give it a rattle. It's the biggest comp i've every qualified for so fingers crossed. Starts at 8.30 tomorrow nite.

Puckoon

Good luck horse.

I played my way to the final 10 at harrahs satellite last friday out of 240. The last 10 were guaranteed 250, with 5th place starting at 750 and it moving upwards until 1st took home either 7500 or a seat at the WSOP.

I was on the button, short stacked,  and folded queen 10 as the player in the big blind was all in. If he gets knocked out, he takes home 750 and I move up to 1500. His opponent flops two pair with the board showing Ace Jack of spades. The player in the big blind turns over his hand and calmly says "Im waiting for my royal flush" as he shows King Queen of spades. The dealer (a good friend of mine the hewer) promptly whacks the 10 of spades down on the turn to deal the all in player the nuts for his tournament life. He went on to take down the 7500$ dollar first prize and I crashed out in 5th for 10% of that.

Was greavsie talking about poker when he said its a funny old game? :D

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 29, 2008, 08:06:27 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on May 08, 2008, 10:03:14 AM
Well lads after two series of qualifiers I have qualified for the WSOP Satellite $580.00 in party poker. Prize pool is at $40,500 already with 36 entries. Top prize $13.5 package to the WSOP. 3 Packages guaranteed.

Bad news is that the game is on tomorrow so I have had to unregister as I've a god damn wedding tomorrow!! But It leaves me with a free roll for the next one.

Wish me luck!!

Firstly Puckoon I'd reccomend party poker. Eassy to use and very quick.

PokerStars sight is easier to navigate then Party Poker.

Secondly I've registered for this comp tomorrow nite. It's played every friday but for one reason or another haven't been able to play it over the last couple of weeks. But free tomorrow so going to give it a rattle. It's the biggest comp i've every qualified for so fingers crossed. Starts at 8.30 tomorrow nite.

Good Luck!!

Puck,

Pokerstars lets you deposit through E-Checks after you have played for awhile on their site. At first I went through western union to make my deposits. The U.S. frowns on the internet sites since they are not getting a piece of the action, so going through Western Union alleviates this at the start. Some peoples debit/atm/credit cards can work to deposit but it depends on the bank/credit company.

I made three total deposits of 150.00 each in a 1 month span then a notice popped up stating I could use E-Checks.

I have played on Full Tilt, Party Poker and Bodog and by far PokerStars is easier to navigate and see everything as far as tournaments go.

Also they are connected with the Asian Poker Tour, European Poker Tour and the Latin America Poker Tour.

At this time they have 1093 players who have won entries to the WSOP.

Surreal Steve

Harp be wary there with cashing out with echecks, i heard something a few weeks back about there being a massive delay in cashing out through that method.

Puckoon

So basically I take my bank card, and use a payment processor to put the money into say Full Tilt.

Is there no way I can do it directly. As someone pointed out, its very strange Ive never played online for money before, but this is all new territory for me. Just want to get in (and hopefully get out) with the minimum amount of fuss/hassle. Having to register with multple payment processors will really put me off.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Surreal Steve on May 29, 2008, 10:44:54 PM
Harp be wary there with cashing out with echecks, i heard something a few weeks back about there being a massive delay in cashing out through that method.

Heard the same thing, if I do cash out I would go for cashier's check.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on May 29, 2008, 10:46:59 PM
So basically I take my bank card, and use a payment processor to put the money into say Full Tilt.

Is there no way I can do it directly. As someone pointed out, its very strange Ive never played online for money before, but this is all new territory for me. Just want to get in (and hopefully get out) with the minimum amount of fuss/hassle. Having to register with multple payment processors will really put me off.

If your financial Institution allows it you can deposit directly, if not use western union.

Western Union takes 3 minutes at their location (due express) get home log on to poker site and enter the route number and your account has the money in about 2 minutes.

If you use Pokerstars in the real money section (cashier) click on Buy Chips, go to Western Union click that, it will give you a name and city in Costa Rica (copy this info). Go to WU and send money, go home and finish.

I was nervous the first time thinking someone in Costa Rica was enjoying cervasas on my dime but it worked.

supersarsfields

Well lads bowed out in 15th so didn't even make the final table.  :'( Ended up with 70 players.

To be honest I was kinda hanging on for a while. Never really got myself in a good spot and was getting trash cards mostly. Played very few hands. But as the blinds got bigger was forced into a few hands. Not a good nite!!

Puckoon

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 31, 2008, 01:15:36 AM
Well lads bowed out in 15th so didn't even make the final table.  :'( Ended up with 70 players.

To be honest I was kinda hanging on for a while. Never really got myself in a good spot and was getting trash cards mostly. Played very few hands. But as the blinds got bigger was forced into a few hands. Not a good nite!!

Short Stack Torture - theres nothing worse.

Unlucky.

Surreal Steve

What levels is everyone playin at? Im currently grinding 25NL on party ::)