Down Players Vote AGINST Strike!

Started by Seany, November 20, 2007, 02:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

Last night, Down players took a vote of their own and voted 38 - 2 NOT to Strike. 
Yes - the whole thing is beginning to crumble down round the Greedy Players Association.

Add this to the Kerry men saying they had no heed in the whole GPA business and a picture is beginning to emerge.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

downredblack

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: Seany on November 20, 2007, 02:34:24 PM
Last night, Down players took a vote of their own and voted 38 - 2 NOT to Strike. 
Yes - the whole thing is beginning to crumble down round the Greedy Players Association.

Add this to the Kerry men saying they had no heed in the whole GPA business and a picture is beginning to emerge.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

The above comments are completly out of order IMO . However fair play to the Down players, intesting to see if other counties follow their lead

orangeman

Comments are beyond what is normally acceptable - but it's good news about the vote - a resounding no to the strike !

saffron sam2

Lecale2 tells me they've been striking for years.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

theskull1

Quote from: Seany on November 20, 2007, 02:34:24 PM

That is good news if it's true. What does that say about the validity of the GPA poll?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ludermor

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

magpie seanie

Hardy

Yes, it's working out even better than I'd hoped. I was hoping the GAA, by putting out alternative teams and the ordinary members by turning up to games would render the strike irrelevant. I hadn't expected GPA members themselves to opt out of the strike in large numbers. Does anyone know how many of the Down lads are GPA members?

rrhf

Congratulations to the Down senior players, you have led the way.  You are a credit to your clubs and your county and fly in the face against elitism and greed.  I fully expect the Tyrone senior squad to follow suit.

cavanmaniac

5 Sams

I think you'll find its fairly accurate lads....fair play to them and I take back everything I might have said about County players ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Hardy

Anyone know how many are GPA members?

believebelive

Short answer Hardy is no. However as GPA membership is free to county players I am sure that most are members. All they have to do is sign a bit of paper and pick up their free top. The GPA take their membership out of central sponsorship. The one year that the GPA did actually ask players to pay a subscription there was a dramatic fall in the numbers of members.