Author Topic: Things that make you go What the F**k?  (Read 735345 times)

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
Re: Things that make you go What the F**k?
« Reply #6075 on: October 23, 2019, 04:22:42 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50150070

Not good.
Just curious but why is he charged with murder?

He’s not charged,  he’s arrested on suspicion of murder. He would never be found guilty of murder but normally arrest on the highest charge and then work back from there. To be honest but call me a cynic but this is a very ‘convenient’ story for the Government.
Ah. He’s been named, Portadown gentleman.

If he's not guilty or involved, hard to see how he ever recovers from being named named. Guardian have named him online I see.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: October 23, 2019, 04:29:08 PM »
Yeah I think that is completely out of line to name him.

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: October 23, 2019, 04:30:34 PM »
Terrible tragedy.
Lorry travelled from Bulgaria to England via Dublin & Holyhead? No checks along the way or did they board somewhere along the way?
The container entered the UK from Belgium. The lorry came across from Holyhead
So he possibly had just collected the trailer and had no idea what was inside?
Would the container have come across by boat?

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: October 23, 2019, 04:56:27 PM »
Yeah I think that is completely out of line to name him.

I only heard the news at about 10am on the radio and within a few mins I had a name and picture of the lad sent to me through Whatsapp.  Astonishing how quickly this got around.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: October 23, 2019, 05:37:32 PM »
His name is being widely circulated on news channels which seems premature given the fact that he has not been charged. We don't even know what his part was in a likely case of human trafficking or if indeed he was even aware of what was in the back of the trailer. I severely doubt if a lone haulier was behind this exploitation of 39 people for profit in what is an horrendous loss of life.   

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: October 23, 2019, 06:09:34 PM »
Utterly irresponsible for anyone in the media to publish the driver's name unless they are formally charged - going to be very hard to wipe off the stain of suspicion in public when he's only being questioned. English media however is full of this "jumping the gun" reporting that sometimes bites them in the arse, but never seem to learn.

On a related note, if you don't think that humanity on this planet deserves to be wiped out & be officially reset, don't look at the comments under the story posted on the Daily Mail's Facebook page.
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

Ambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: October 23, 2019, 06:20:25 PM »
Terrible tragedy and obviously the young man shouldn't have been named, he is after all entitled to the presumption of innocence, however people trying to make a political point, especially those in the public eye, really do need to think before they post inflammatory material.

Lord John Kilclooney @KilclooneyJohn
The tragedy of 39 persons being killed in a lorry in Essex is terrible. It is now confirmed that the Bulgarian Registered lorry is owned by a person in the Republic of Ireland and, although the driver comes from NI, he may well have opted for RoI Passport to ease travel via EU!
You can't live off history and tradition forever

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: October 23, 2019, 07:00:28 PM »
Terrible tragedy and obviously the young man shouldn't have been named, he is after all entitled to the presumption of innocence, however people trying to make a political point, especially those in the public eye, really do need to think before they post inflammatory material.

Lord John Kilclooney @KilclooneyJohn
The tragedy of 39 persons being killed in a lorry in Essex is terrible. It is now confirmed that the Bulgarian Registered lorry is owned by a person in the Republic of Ireland and, although the driver comes from NI, he may well have opted for RoI Passport to ease travel via EU!

John Taylor is another bitter former unionist leader. Those comments say more about him and his anti Irishness than anything. Whilst his comments even make a lot of sense, it appears that he is trying to make a political point out of a terrible human tragedy.     

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: October 23, 2019, 07:22:25 PM »
I understand the arguments for not naming him but I can see and agree with the reasons for naming him as well. Over here we can’t name until they’ve appeared in court once so it’s a bit earlier. Like BCB I can’t understand the murder suggestion. Also it was reported earlier in a few reputable places he had been charged with murder which baffles me. A murder charge requires an intention to kill or cause serious bodily injury. Police have to know this. I would like to know how they would have reasonable suspicion of that.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: October 23, 2019, 07:32:37 PM »
From the sounds of things so far, Robinson picked up the trailer and was pulled over shortly after.

Unless they establish some other connection or involvement, it doesn’t sound like he could have had anything to do with it.

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: October 24, 2019, 07:02:29 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-50154673
Indian police have hailed the arrest of a notorious suspected poacher who they say killed sloth bears and ate their penises as a "very important catch"

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: October 24, 2019, 08:57:10 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-50154673
Indian police have hailed the arrest of a notorious suspected poacher who they say killed sloth bears and ate their penises as a "very important catch"

I don't know what I expected him to look like but it was the fella int he photo lol

93-DY-SAM

• View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: October 24, 2019, 09:23:53 AM »
From the sounds of things so far, Robinson picked up the trailer and was pulled over shortly after.

Unless they establish some other connection or involvement, it doesn’t sound like he could have had anything to do with it.

What has happened to innocent to proven guilty. Public and media are all too keen these days to be judge, jury and executor. The trailer came in off a boat from the continent and he had driven down from Holyhead to collect it. Any trailer or container shipped like across countries would have been fitted with seals. The driver would never know what is in the back of the trailer other than what is written on the paperwork and wouldn't be allowed to break the seals to open the doors until it gets to its destination. Let the relevant authorities carry out their investigations.

Not forgetting those poor people in the back - RIP. Doesn't bear to think about what they went through or what they were escaping from than made them so desperate to do this. As for the sick baxtards that took money off these people and put them into an airtight fridge container knowing they would have no chance - I hope they get all that is coming to them. A jail sentence is too good for them. 

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: October 24, 2019, 10:35:57 AM »
The authorities who made the discovery was the Ambulance service. It is unclear who called them.
Few questions. Why was the lorry stopped where it was? Why would you stop there and open the back doors? 15 mins from the port? Surely that's not the destination in the middle of a road? You wouldn't normally open the doors until you'd reached the destination. These questions all point to one thing. I heard on the radio this morning that people who work in the industrial estate have seen people jumping from the back of lorries in that area before.

If Robinson knows the truth I would hope he'd fess up so these people traffickers can face justice. This is mass murder.