One thing you're proud of.

Started by ONeill, November 18, 2007, 12:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 07:28:52 PM
Quote from: new devil on November 20, 2007, 07:13:09 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 07:04:42 PM
No, why?

Well how would you know how a father feels when his child is born if you having experienced it?
I never said I knew how anyone felt.

I've asked why the father of a new born child feels proud of himself when he's done nothing (yet) to feel proud about.

You've cracked it, probably because he is selfish; probably because he will drive into a car park in a shopping centre with a toddler - see an allocated parking space, supplied by the centre and use it - that's if he can get it before you; probably because if he is on a flight and his toddler is distressed and crying he won't resolve the issue by "hitting him a slap" - Jesus Wept.

BTW it does take two to make a new life.

pintsofguinness

QuoteBTW it does take two to make a new life.
Well this is the only part of your post that's sensible. 
It takes two to make a life alright, but a father's part is hardly anything to be proud of. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

MasterShake

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 08:30:14 PM

QuoteBTW it does take two to make a new life.
Well this is the only part of your post that's sensible. 
It takes two to make a life alright, but a father's part is hardly anything to be proud of. 

Pints, by that logic would you agree that the mother has nothing to be proud of? In the 'making new life' bit I mean?
"Calmer than you are".

pintsofguinness

Well the sex bit of it she's got nothing to be proud off - but after she's carried a child and given birth she's plenty to be proud of.

Hardy

I thought it was always the man who went out (in all kinds of weather) and got it from under the cabbage.

MasterShake

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 09:21:09 PM
Well the sex bit of it she's got nothing to be proud off - but after she's carried a child and given birth she's plenty to be proud of.

So, a woman who carries a child and gives birth can feel pride in herself...but a man who helps her through that should not feel any pride in himself?? Even during a difficult pregnancy?
"Calmer than you are".

pintsofguinness

Quote from: MasterShake on November 20, 2007, 09:28:43 PM

So, a woman who carries a child and gives birth can feel pride in herself...but a man who helps her through that should not feel any pride in himself?? Even during a difficult pregnancy?
Exactly.
He hadn't done anything!

MasterShake

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2007, 09:34:36 PM

Anyway, my 2nd place in the Egg and Spoon race beats the bejaysus out of it.

So which one were you, the egg or the spoon?
"Calmer than you are".

ONeill

The thing I'm most proud of has warped into an uncontrollable monster.

When POG first came onto this board he was an imbecilic monstrosity. He couldn't spell nor write in coherent sentences and just typed nokia-style nonsense. The older members can vouch for this. I took him under my wing, cajoled him and educated him in the finer aspects of online life. I watched him grow as an intellect from the nonentity he was to something resembling semi-normal now. Now and again I engage him in dialogue in order to further his development. I was proud of that, seriously. However, he is resembling Frankenstein's Monster and is slightly out of control now that he can use apostrophes etc.

Having reared one and a half year old twins is not something I consider as an achievement. They've been rearing children for millenniums.

Probably, winning an All-Ireland individual medal at the age of 17; doing good deeds on the sly; riding a blade from Downpatrick when I was 15. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fishbat

I'm damned proud of the fact that had i not succumbed to injury in 1995 and ceased playing then without a shadow of doubt it would have been myself captaining Tyrone in 2003 and lifting Sam to the gulderin gaggle, not Peter the great.

No doubt about it...and over the moon about it too

Puckoon

Quote from: MasterShake on November 20, 2007, 09:39:24 PM

I think he is the spoon. Frequently the little spoon.   ;)

By the way, has anyone called anyone else a spoon in this new millenium, or did that leave tyrone in the 90s?

Snowed Under

Again by your logic she is only doing her duty as any expectant mother would.  ::)

pintsofguinness

yes snowed under but it's a little more difficult than attending a few classes.

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 21, 2007, 08:20:24 AM
yes snowed under but it's a little more difficult than attending a few classes.

So as she is only doing her duty as an expectant mother and what comes natural - in your eyes what should a mother be proud off after giving birth?  ::)  By the way I liked the way out of a paragraph of a post you cling to a few words!

ziggysego

Quote from: MasterShake on November 20, 2007, 09:39:24 PM

If the spoon, who were you spooning?
Testing Accessibility