One thing you're proud of.

Started by ONeill, November 18, 2007, 12:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: heganboy on November 20, 2007, 04:40:49 PM
Iceman, you haven't escaped until you've done five years, until then you're just on parole.

:(

ok How about just being proud of not giving a flyin fcuk what the people of armagh think and escaping the small town mentality of "everyone elses life is better than mine so lets run them down" attitude  :P :)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Snowed Under

Quote from: ziggysego on November 20, 2007, 05:56:25 PM
How can a positive thread turn so negative like this? All father's to be have every right to feel proud. Puckoon feel proud and don't let anyone tell you you shouldn't. Congratulations to both you and Mrs. Puckoon.

Nail on head Ziggy.

pintsofguinness

Like that wasn't expected - I even loaded your gun.  Roll Eyes

By the way I answer all your questions no matter how pathetic - what are your real issues with parents and parenthood?

I've told you before I can't stand selfish parents and I suppose you could add to that parents who think they're great because they have children.

You call me pathetic and all sorts of stuff yet you're the one that thinks you deserve a medal because you support your wife. 

zigg, I'm questioning why fathers feel proud of themselves. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 06:02:48 PM
Like that wasn't expected - I even loaded your gun.  Roll Eyes

By the way I answer all your questions no matter how pathetic - what are your real issues with parents and parenthood?

I've told you before I can't stand selfish parents and I suppose you could add to that parents who think they're great because they have children.

You call me pathetic and all sorts of stuff yet you're the one that thinks you deserve a medal because you support your wife. 

zigg, I'm questioning why fathers feel proud of themselves. 

Or parents who are proud of their kids.  ::)

Where did I say I deserve a medal - you tried to put fathers down for saying they feel proud - you asked what they should feel proud for - I explained how I helped my wife, you think that is laughable - I take it you are married; so if you are married 10 years are you not proud of your marriage if so by your reckoning you are taking the piss as you are only doing your duty of making your marriage work.  ::)

So you think fathers shouldn't feel proud, sums you up.

pintsofguinness

QuoteOr parents who are proud of their kids.
No, not true.

Where did I say I deserve a medal - you tried to put fathers down for saying they feel proud - you asked what they should feel proud for - I explained how I helped my wife, you think that is laughable - I take it you are married; so if you are married 10 years are you not proud of your marriage if so by your reckoning you are taking the piss as you are only doing your duty of making your marriage work.
No I'm not married, I'm with the woman over 4 years, am I proud of that? um no.  What's to be proud of?
Are people proud of their marriage?  I couldn't imagine me being proud of that either.

QuoteSo you think fathers shouldn't feel proud, sums you up.
I never said that either, I agreed with Skull and his view that the fathers of new born babies have no reason to feel proud of themselves .

Zapatista

Try this. About 2.mins 10 secs into the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxGuBeyQM2M

Try copy and paste. (I must learn how to make a link)

new devil

pintsofguinness

heganboy

QuoteIs that why you were looking nervous in the Radisson?

I always look nervous- what Radisson?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

new devil

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 07:04:42 PM
No, why?

Well how would you know how a father feels when his child is born if you having experienced it?

theskull1

I know what it's like

Being proud of stuff you have simply purchased/attained with little or no effort is just doesn't make sense
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pintsofguinness

Quote from: new devil on November 20, 2007, 07:13:09 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 07:04:42 PM
No, why?

Well how would you know how a father feels when his child is born if you having experienced it?
I never said I knew how anyone felt.

I've asked why the father of a new born child feels proud of himself when he's done nothing (yet) to feel proud about.

Rav67

Taking Millwall to the Champion's League and winning the European Championships with Scotland.

ExiledGael

Quote from: Rav67 on November 20, 2007, 07:50:15 PM
Taking Millwall to the Champion's League and winning the European Championships with Scotland.

Championship Manager, what a game. Premier League and FA Cup double with Sunderland in first season and taking Ireland to the European Championships final had to be my best

Donagh

That I turned down a very lucrative job offer and got the feck out of the US while the going was good. Christmas parties in November indeed  ::)

WTF?

:D