U2 TAX MOVE

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, November 17, 2007, 12:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE MIGHTY QUINN

TMQ, it was clear from the start that you were never going to pay that fine. The poll went against you, even though you said you would abide by its decision and you have been looking for a reason to justify not paying it for a week now! Fair enough, but why don't you at least give the €80 to charity instead?? Go on take the high moral ground  ;)
[/quote]

To tell you the truth I had intended paying it directly but after hearing about Bono's tax evasion and Bertie's pay rise I've decided to take a leaf out of their books and adopt the strategy that charity begins at home. So, Louth Exile, I'm heading off to Dundalk, your county town tomight for a feed of steak that would burst a horse and a slap of pints that would sink a battleship. That way the exchequer gets a few extra quid from a Nordie and me and the wife and some friends will have a great time. So everyone's a winner. I'm not sure that Pat and Seamus who caught me speeding in Donegal might approve of this approach but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

magpie seanie

I suppose ye all think JP McManus and Magnier are great fellas but Bono is a bollix. At least Bono pays some tax here and didn't force us to devalue our currency by speculating on our currency when we were going down the tubes as a country. Bono could sit on his hole and take the money and mind hi own business. He chooses to use his profile to get something done about the less well off in the poorer countries. A good thing you'd think? People amaze me at times.

Shamrock Shore

Mighty Quinn

Read you message about the party too late. I couilda been a contender. Was at a black tie bash in Kilmainham last night. Was mad for drink after it ended. However getting to Mighty Quinn country, and not speeding, would have been a problem.