Ulster GAA Man Of The Year

Started by saffron sam2, November 16, 2007, 10:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: full back on November 19, 2007, 04:30:12 PM
Quote from: cavanmaniac on November 19, 2007, 04:21:34 PM
Has nobody mentioned Miceál Greenan yet?

He's Ulster. He's GAA. He's a man.

He ticks all the boxes...

Thats not the only boxes he ticks >:(

Mrs Greenan's?
Testing Accessibility

the colonel

martin clarke for what achieved in the last year and coming back to play football his club team
the difference between success and failure is energy

J70

So the GAA is going to celebrate the loss of a potentially top player to another sport?

glenullinabu

Quote from: hardstation on November 19, 2007, 04:50:00 PM
SS2, forget these jokers. Don't bother with Newry on Sunday regardless of how good the curry is in Rose Garden. Instead, take yourself to the lovely county of Derry (I'll give you a map) and to the wonderful wee village of Bellaghy with a bag full of Ann Summers lingerie and a polaroid camera.
Ulster GAA Woman Of The Year - Aisling Diamond.
That's what the public want to see in the annual.

Yeah but is the sexy gear for you or SS2 ;D
Buy your own you cheap gits

magpie seanie

I'd go for Mickey Harte. Not Tyrone's best year on the field but he did speak out against a resumption of the silly game with the convicts and also spoke out brilliantly against the evil GPA.

Forget Brian McEniff. Fearon could have managed that Ulster team to success.

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 20, 2007, 05:47:34 PM
Forget Brian McEniff. Fearon could have managed that Ulster team to success.

I don't think McEniff was suggested for this year's success alone, rather it was for recognition of his taking the team for a couple of decades, during which he managed them to 14 titles, on top of his other contributions to Donegal and Ulster football. He would be a thoroughly deserving recipient of recognition for his dedication to Donegal and Ulster football, if that is what this award is supposed to recognize. If its purely for something done during the year 2007, then I'm sure there are other much more deserving people in Ulster football... maybe the Monaghan manager or, as you suggest, Mickey Harte (although not necessarily for the reasons you suggest! :P).

gaagaa

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 20, 2007, 05:47:34 PM
I'd go for Mickey Harte. Not Tyrone's best year on the field but he did speak out against a resumption of the silly game with the convicts and also spoke out brilliantly against the evil GPA.

but then he retracted his position (under pressure from cavanagh maybe?)

ziggysego

He didn't retract, he only questioned the timing of the press printing that quote. After all, he made the statement weeks before. You'll be delighted to know, he reiterated his feelings today again.
Testing Accessibility

saffron sam2

Feck I forgot about this. You'll just have to buy the annual and see, although if they still have same handball correspondent there may be a free one in your house.

Will think of something over the weekend but it won't be Brian McEniff or Mickey Harte.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

saffron sam2

Well, he paid me and I got a copy of the annual. Must read it some time to see what I wrote. I think I gave it to Tommy Freeman - would certainly have been the very heavy layer of icing on his year's cake.  Or probably not.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

stew

Quote from: ziggysego on November 21, 2007, 12:49:10 AM
He didn't retract, he only questioned the timing of the press printing that quote. After all, he made the statement weeks before. You'll be delighted to know, he reiterated his feelings today again.

Good. For some reason people seem to listen to the unshaven one. he was right on his stance on the compromise rules and he is certainly right on the issue of the GPA. Now if only he would teach his charges to stand on their own two feet when breathed upon. :-\
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

orangeman

Declan O'Neill was Ulster GAA writers Man of the Year - he was on the end of a savge beating from thugs who took gate receipts off him in Dungannon.

Would he not be entitled to an award ?