Best Comedy Series/Programme

Started by 5 Sams, November 16, 2007, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Heard a lot of great stuff about Modern Family, but never gotten around to watching it yet J OGorman.
Testing Accessibility

johnneycool

Phoenix nights and Max and Paddy series were very good.

Kaye won't release either as he doesn't want them played to death like Father ted etc on those Dave type channels.

ONeill

Parks and Recreation.

Count Arthur Strong fairly grew on me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J OGorman

Quote from: ziggysego on August 02, 2013, 11:54:12 AM
Heard a lot of great stuff about Modern Family, but never gotten around to watching it yet J OGorman.

got the old netflix in there and watched the 1st two series, it is some craic sir  :)

ONeill

Modern Family is brilliant.....although maybe going stale now
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J OGorman

Quote from: johnneycool on August 02, 2013, 12:25:45 PM
Phoenix nights and Max and Paddy series were very good.

Kaye won't release either as he doesn't want them played to death like Father ted etc on those Dave type channels.

The Max and Paddy scene in the jail with the tray is some craic  :)

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sandino

Just love the Big Bang Theory at the minute, great show once you get to know the characters.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

omagh_gael

Quote from: Sandino on August 02, 2013, 03:06:57 PM
Just love the Big Bang Theory at the minute, great show once you get to know the characters.

Very good show, particularly Howard and Sheldon. In my opinion, the main protagonist (Leonard) isn't funny at all.

5 Sams

Mario Rosenstock's new series started last night and Im afraid to say it is pure muck.pity really because he is a really talented and funny guy. Some of his stuff on Gift Grub is ingenious. Doesn't translate to telly though.

After it the Damo & Ivor show was mildly amusing. Bit of a rip off of Ross O'Carroll Kelly though.
The Aristocrat Years

Hardy

Anyone see Dave Gorman's 'Modern Life Is Goodish' on Dave tonight? Refreshingly different, quite intelligent and, best of all, funny.

ziggysego

Quote from: Hardy on September 17, 2013, 11:12:15 PM
Anyone see Dave Gorman's 'Modern Life Is Goodish' on Dave tonight? Refreshingly different, quite intelligent and, best of all, funny.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Something different to the usual nonsense.
Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2013, 01:22:58 PM
Modern Family is brilliant.....although maybe going stale now

Just getting into this recently...really, really sharp. Plus Al Bundy's in there ;D Legend.
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

Just watched the Jolly Boys Outing episode from Only Fools. Brilliant.
The Aristocrat Years

mikehunt

Haven't seen Early Doors mentioned. Simple but funny. The two coppers in it are class. Craig Cash from  The Royle Family fame wrote it I think.