The strange news from around the globe thread

Started by Puckoon, November 13, 2007, 08:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Indian man marries dog/bitch. At least he knows what hes signing himself up for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7093422.stm

Man marries bitch to beat curse 

The "bride" wore a sari and a garland.

Enlarge Image

An Indian man has married a female dog, believing the union will help him atone for stoning two other dogs to death.
P Selvakumar, 33, said he had been cursed since the killings, suffering paralysis and a loss of hearing.

The wedding took place at a Hindu temple in Tamil Nadu state. The "bride" wore an orange sari with a flower garland and was fed a bun to celebrate.

Superstitious people in rural India sometimes organise weddings to animals in the hope of warding off curses.

'Tried every cure'

Crowds cheered the newly-weds at the end of the ceremony in Sivaganga district, about 50km (30 miles) east of the city of Madurai.

The "bride", who is called Selvi, was led to the temple in Manamudurai wearing a sari before vows were exchanged in a traditional Hindu ceremony.

A relative of the groom who attended the wedding said he hoped Mr Selvakumar would now be cured.

"Fifteen years back Selvakumar was physically fit. But, once he attacked a pair of dogs and thereafter Kumar could not move his limbs freely," the relative, Ramu, told the BBC.

"He tried every cure for his ailment but could not be rid of his disability.

"On the advice of an astrologer and others, he decided to marry a bitch to get cured. Then we arranged Selvakumar's marriage with a bitch."

muppet

Subject: FW: IRISH GARDA v's LONDON LAWYER

A London lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by an Irish Garda.

He thinks that he is smarter than the cop because he is a London lawyer, from London , and is certain that he has a better education than any paddy cop. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Garda's expense!!

Irish Garda says," License and registration, please."

London Lawyer says, "What for?"

Irish Garda replies, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the Stop sign."

London Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."

Irish Garda says, "You still didn't come to a complete stop.  License and registration, please."

London Lawyer says, "What's the difference?"

Irish Garda says, "The difference is, you have to come to complete stop, that's the law. License and registration, please!"

London Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between "slow down" and "stop", I'll give you my license and registration and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket."

Irish Garda says, "Sounds fair. Exit your vehicle, sir."

Soooooo

The London lawyer exits his vehicle. The Irish Garda takes out his baton and starts beating the f*ck out of the lawyer with it and says, "Do you want me to stop, or just slow down?"
MWWSI 2017

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Gabriel_Hurl

You'll never be-leaf this story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/12/wtree112.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

probably not to be looked at if you are just after eating

Puckoon

THAT, should come with some kind of a warning, especially post dinner time. Those videos are pretty disturbing.
Certainly wooden be alot of fun.

Puckoon

well that just circumvents the entire thread then!

Puckoon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7095134.stm

Bike sex man placed on probation 

Cleaners caught Mr Stewart simulating sex with a bike
A man caught trying to have sex with his bicycle has been sentenced to three years on probation.
Robert Stewart, 51, admitted a sexually aggravated breach of the peace by conducting himself in a disorderly manner and simulating sex.

Sheriff Colin Miller also placed Stewart on the Sex Offenders Register for three years.

Mr Stewart was caught in the act with his bicycle by cleaners in his bedroom at the Aberley House Hostel in Ayr.

Gail Davidson, prosecuting, told Ayr Sheriff Court: "They knocked on the door several times and there was no reply.

"They used a master key to unlock the door and they then observed the accused wearing only a white t-shirt, naked from the waist down.

"The accused was holding the bike and moving his hips back and forth as if to simulate sex."

Both cleaners, who were "extremely shocked", told the hostel manager who called police.

Sheriff Colin Miller told Stewart: "In almost four decades in the law I thought I had come across every perversion known to mankind, but this is a new one on me. I have never heard of a 'cycle-sexualist'."

Stewart had denied the offence, claiming it was caused by a misunderstanding after he had too much to drink.

The bachelor had been living in the hostel since October 2006 after moving from his council house in Girvan.

He now lives in Ayr.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

As a matter of interest why was he placed on probation. Surely if he was doing it in the privacy of his own room the act, although bizzare, was hardly illegal.

Puckoon

Maybe they have a law against riding your bicycle indoors?

Puckoon

Are we still on planet earth??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7094764.stm

'Virtual theft' leads to arrest 

Habbo Hotel users create a character and can buy furniture
A Dutch teenager has been arrested for allegedly stealing virtual furniture from "rooms" in Habbo Hotel, a 3D social networking website.
The 17-year-old is accused of stealing 4,000 euros (£2,840) worth of virtual furniture, bought with real money.

Five 15-year-olds have also been questioned by police, who were contacted by the website's owners.

The six teenagers are suspected of moving the stolen furniture into their own Habbo rooms.

A spokesman for Sulake, the company that operates Habbo Hotel, said: "The accused lured victims into handing over their Habbo passwords by creating fake Habbo websites.

"In Habbo, as in many other virtual worlds, scamming for other people's personal information such as user names has been problematic for quite a while.

It is a theft because the furniture is paid for with real money

Sulake spokesman

"We have had much of this scamming going on in many countries but this is the first case where the police have taken legal action."

Habbo users can create their own characters, decorate their own rooms and play a number of games, paying with Habbo Credits, which they have to buy with real cash.

"It is a theft because the furniture is paid for with real money. But the only way to be a thief in Habbo is to get people's usernames and passwords and then log in and take the furniture.

"We got involved because of an increasing number of sites which are pretending to be Habbo. People might then try and log in and get their details stolen."

Six million people in more than 30 countries play Habbo Hotel each month.

Virtual theft is a growing issue in virtual worlds; in 2005 a Chinese gamer was stabbed to death in a row over a sword in a game.

Shanghai gamer Qiu Chengwei killed player Zhu Caoyuan when he discovered he had sold a "dragon sabre" he had been loaned.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 14, 2007, 09:12:30 PM
As a matter of interest why was he placed on probation. Surely if he was doing it in the privacy of his own room the act, although bizzare, was hardly illegal.

A man here in Canada was jailed after a neighbour saw him "having some fun with himself" through his apartment window

Close the curtains lads

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 14, 2007, 10:41:07 PM
Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 14, 2007, 09:12:30 PM

A man here in Canada was jailed after a neighbour saw him "having some fun with himself" through his apartment window

Close the curtains lads
:o
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hardy

What would have happened if it had been a woman? Would she have been jailed? I doubt it. He should have said he was homosexual - they wouldn't have dared jail him then.