Cork players threaten strike over selectors issue

Started by darbyo, November 13, 2007, 10:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

What a f**king joke.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7217301.stm

Cork-Meath fixture is postponed 

The Central Competitions Committee of the GAA has acceded to a request by Cork to call off this Saturday night's NFL opener against Meath at Navan.
A statement added that any decision on whether the game will be played in the future is deferred until a later date.

Cork players and the county board are at loggerheads over a decision to change the way senior football and hurling selectors are appointed.

thejuice

As long as the other fixtures arent messed around i can live with it. hopefully moved to a vacant spot on the calender. But if they cant meet the deferred fixture then f**k em'
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

orangeman

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

Real Talk

Quote from: orangeman on January 30, 2008, 06:48:10 PM
Meath sholud have been awarded the points.
I can't understand why Meath are not awarded the points if Cork fail to field ... (what does the Official Guide say on that ???).  I think the footballers are in the wrong,   the hurlers should not be involved but I also think that Frank Murphy has in the past and still wield too much power both at County and National levels.  What about letting the DRA make a rulling on this issue.

orangeman

The players should realise that after last night, Frank Murhpy has the support of the clubs - players will come and go but Frank will still be there. Frank doesn't pick the team nor train the team - so the players should cop themselves on and get back out next Sunday and go back to what they're good at ! ( Playing and not striking  :D :D )

INDIANA

If you really believe that last statement orangeman abut Frank Murphy there really is no hope for you. His influence in Cork is quite incredible.

Jinxy

Frank Murphy can bend spoons using his mind. He did it while Donal óg was stirring his tea after training and that is why the players are on strike.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Indiana - are you of the mistaken belief that the clubs are opposed to Cork ? Did the clubs not back Frank 100% the other night ?

Or maybe they were forced to vote for Frank ??  :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D

INDIANA

no formal vote was taken the other night orangeman -maybe you weren't aware of that?

his holiness nb

Quote from: INDIANA on January 31, 2008, 05:53:03 PM
no formal vote was taken the other night orangeman -maybe you weren't aware of that?

No formal vote? What do you mean it was a show of hands?

If so, so what? Were they only voting for him for fear of being dragged out and bate if they didnt?

The clubs support him, stop with the conspiracy theories and give the GAA people of Cork a little credit  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

No FORMAL vote ???????

What a load of shite Indiana !!! And you know it !!

The clubs back Murphy 100 % - no question about it - I know you won't admit to it but the players are now isolated and have no where to go  - They should simply go back, play the games and appoint mediators to talk to the two parties at a more convenient time and place.

I don't buy your conspiracy theories - nor do the clubs in Cork !!!  ;) ;) ;)

magickingdom

prime time on rte 1 after the news will have a bit on this..

Tatler Jack

Quote from: magickingdom on January 31, 2008, 09:03:07 PM
prime time on rte 1 after the news will have a bit on this..

Pretty useless programme especially the interviews with Donal Og and Sean Moran. Would have helped if the person interviewing knew something about the subject but Miriam had not a clue.

Pangurban

Disgraceful decision to defer Corks game against Meath. Meath should be awarded points and Cork fined heavily for failure to field. We must never allow a situation to develop where the tail wags the Dog. I am sure there are fifteen other lads in Cork willing to wear the jersey with pride. These self styled elite come and go, but the grassroots will continue to grow and prosper without them.