Interested in playign football on Southside Dublin?

Started by Mayo4Sam, November 12, 2007, 11:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Now before anyone starts getting up on their high horses, i'm not looking for lads that travel home to train every weekend, more that handy corner forward when he was a minor, the solid full back before he found beer, lads that since they've moved up to Dublin have fallen away from football and wouldn't mind seeing if they could still cut it.
I play for a club based in Crumlin, in the Iveagh Grounds, St. James Gaels. We've 2 junior teams, Junior 1 & 4, so even if its just for a bit of craic there'll be a place for you.
Over the winter we'll be playing a challenge match once a week so its a good chance to come down and give it a go. Theres a good mixture of culchies and jackeens and usually people round for a few pints after a match.
Anyone interested let me know and i'll give u a shout before the next match.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Did you manage to get many of the tight arsed jackeens to go to your table quiz?

Mayo4Sam

Got a team of them alright, ended up with 25 teams and made €1400, not too bad

Mayo4Sam

Bump

Mayo4Sam

Lads still looking for players in Dublin, anyone thats let their playing slip for a few years, or are just aftedr moving to Dublin and wont be able to make the commitment to a team back home. Hoping for a good season this year, lots of good young lads in the club but could do with a bit of experience.
Training starts back Monday week so its a good chance to get fit before the matches start and there are plenty of cup matches in Feb to get a feel for the team.

Croi any chance of ur knee/hamstring/calf strain clearing up so u can play more than hurling this year?