Taylor Made R7 Super Quad

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, November 12, 2007, 09:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE MIGHTY QUINN

My youngest, aged just under 13 has asked for one of these clubs for Christmas. I've just discovered it costs over £200. Anyone know a good place to buy golf clubs?

stew

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 12, 2007, 09:42:37 PM
My youngest, aged just under 13 has asked for one of these clubs for Christmas. I've just discovered it costs over £200. Anyone know a good place to buy golf clubs?

Look to but them online, America has some fantastic clubs and they are usually a lot lower than over at home. I will check out the pricing for you here and report back in my findings.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: stew on November 12, 2007, 09:55:51 PM
Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 12, 2007, 09:42:37 PM

Look to but them online, America has some fantastic clubs and they are usually a lot lower than over at home. I will check out the pricing for you here and report back in my findings.

I checked on the Taylor Made website and the price is $399.00, you could get one for $109.00 less in good condition but it is used and i wouldnt do that.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Cheers Stew. I think I'll buy it locally. There are some for sale on E Bay but I notice that some of these may be counterfeit.

Puckoon

If you find one for 200quid pick it up right away. Unfortunately, even in the US it will be a number of months before the price drops, this is the newest/go faster stripes taylor made driver at the minute.

Sausalito Bay

My two cents - unless your son is in the elite section of young golfers at his club or in your region, gently tell him to catch himself on. Its a big price to pay for a club that'll either be too big for him now (if you buy a standard size) or he'll have grown out of in a year (if you get it fitted for him). There are many many options available at half the price that would do just as well.

Of course if he is a promising golfer and you are used to spending large amounts to support his talent then ignore all the above.

catweazle

I wouldnt give a shite about getting a counterfeit one Hardstation, there was a survey done with Pros a few months back where most of them picked the counterfeit Golf Club as the real one. The counterfeit ones are just as high end as the real ones, mate got counterfeit Callaways over in China last year for 50 euros, they are so good that the local club pro has given him money to get him a set in the new year.

Sounds like an awful lot of money for a 13 year old, he would want to be some player. I bet he has just seen the ads for it with Poulter and just wants one!

Puckoon

Some replica (counterfeit) clubs are not bad imitations, others can be pure shite. Instead of putting your money in a replica design, why not just downgrade a little. There are some really good second hand sets out there that you can pick up for a real good price.

stew

Quote from: catweazle on November 13, 2007, 09:42:34 AM
I wouldnt give a shite about getting a counterfeit one Hardstation, there was a survey done with Pros a few months back where most of them picked the counterfeit Golf Club as the real one. The counterfeit ones are just as high end as the real ones, mate got counterfeit Callaways over in China last year for 50 euros, they are so good that the local club pro has given him money to get him a set in the new year.

Sounds like an awful lot of money for a 13 year old, he would want to be some player. I bet he has just seen the ads for it with Poulter and just wants one!

China!!!!! :D

:Dont buy them ffs, the kid will be dead in a year of lead poisoning. Here in the states they are recalling half of what the Chinese make, the quality is absolutely brutal.