Australia airline 'fat tax' urged

Started by Square Ball, November 12, 2007, 01:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 12, 2007, 02:50:02 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 12, 2007, 02:10:37 PM
Id rather have that than some smelly person or loud person or crying baby.

The last time I was on a plane a child (about 3) cried and screamed behind me the whole time.  Aaaaahhhh
Needed a good slap if you ask me!

You really are unreal; slaping a 3 year old child because he/she was crying.  ::)   Sure tell you what because you choose not to have children ban kids from everything to make you feel at ease.  So to date abortion is all wrong - human life is sacred - no exceptions - but if a small child is in distress on an areoplane just hit him/her a slap and that will be grand, Jesus wept.
I don't blame the child at all, children will cry and kick and scream to get their own way, they don't know any better and sure why not if it works.  If the mother that wont shut the child up that's the problem.  I don't see anything wrong with smacking a child that's not behaving.   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on November 12, 2007, 03:16:21 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 12, 2007, 02:21:51 PM
I wouldn't be talking to you!
Spilling over into your seat.
Smelling
being loud - what would the problem me?
I'd be an excellent person to sit beside.
Fine be like that , just because i was in me Dublin jersey :P sing Molly Malone at the top of my voice .
sorry gnevin, it might be hard to believe but I wouldnt really be the chatty type. 
but if you wanted you could sing molly malone and I could go with cheerio cheerio cheerio  ;D

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 12, 2007, 04:52:06 PM

The last time I was on a plane a child (about 3) cried and screamed behind me the whole time.  Aaaaahhhh

You really are unreal; slaping a 3 year old child because he/she was crying.  ::)   Sure tell you what because you choose not to have children ban kids from everything to make you feel at ease.  So to date abortion is all wrong - human life is sacred - no exceptions - but if a small child is in distress on an areoplane just hit him/her a slap and that will be grand, Jesus wept.
I don't blame the child at all, children will cry and kick and scream to get their own way, they don't know any better and sure why not if it works.  If the mother that wont shut the child up that's the problem.  I don't see anything wrong with smacking a child that's not behaving.   

It gets worse; maybe the child was crying as he/she was in some distress at flying - popping ears for example; nah the 3 year old was totally misbehaving, attention seeking to get his/her own way.  ::) It a good thing you can't / won't have children - its also acceptable in your opinion to beat someone to death for anti-social behaviour; you're one of the greats.

ziggysego

Snowed Under, that's a bit low. Remove that now.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

QuoteIt gets worse; maybe the child was crying as he/she was in some distress at flying - popping ears for example; nah the 3 year old was totally misbehaving, attention seeking to get his/her own way.  Roll Eyes It a good thing you can't / won't have children - its also acceptable in your opinion to beat someone to death for anti-social behaviour; you're one of the greats.
You weren't there, how do you know why the child was crying? 
You're one of these ones, selfish ones, that allow your children to do whatever they want, probably to make up for throwing them with a baby sitter every opportunity you get.

don't worry about it ziggy, the fact he constantly taunts someone who he believes/suspects can't have children about not having children speaks volumes and because he's wrong in his belief, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, so just let him make an ass of himself.

stew

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 12, 2007, 07:37:33 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 12, 2007, 04:52:06 PM

It gets worse; maybe the child was crying as he/she was in some distress at flying - popping ears for example; nah the 3 year old was totally misbehaving, attention seeking to get his/her own way.  ::) It a good thing you can't / won't have children - its also acceptable in your opinion to beat someone to death for anti-social behaviour; you're one of the greats.

If some dickhead is out thyere stealing cars, robbing peoples home and beating up pensioners for their pension I dont give a damn if they get the deadner either. Hoods and drug dealers deserve whatever happens to them, they are a blight on every time and need to be stopped, if that means a couple of them get bate to death so be it.
Back to the thread:
I am responsible for the behaviour of my children and if they are crying on a plane I would do my best to quieten them down, what else can you do? it is not as if you can take them somewhere quiet now is it?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 12, 2007, 07:51:07 PM
QuoteIt gets worse; maybe the child was crying as he/she was in some distress at flying - popping ears for example; nah the 3 year old was totally misbehaving, attention seeking to get his/her own way.  Roll Eyes It a good thing you can't / won't have children - its also acceptable in your opinion to beat someone to death for anti-social behaviour; you're one of the greats.
You weren't there, how do you know why the child was crying?  
You're one of these ones, selfish ones, that allow your children to do whatever they want, probably to make up for throwing them with a baby sitter every opportunity you get.

don't worry about it ziggy, the fact he constantly taunts someone who he believes/suspects can't have children about not having children speaks volumes and because he's wrong in his belief, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, so just let him make an ass of himself.

And do you? and if so why not say - no Pints makes his sweeping statements as usual with no reasoning offered.  FYI my oldest is 4 and I'd safely say mv wife and myself have been out for a night out about a dozen times together since his birth; we take our parental responsibilities very serious and it doesnt stoop to child abuse off smaking or hitting a child a slap so young as 3 which you are advocating - that is a disgraceful cowardly act and has no place  in bringing up a child.

As for Ziggy the guardiian of the board.  ::)

pintsofguinness

QuoteAnd do you? and if so why not say - no Pints makes his sweeping statements as usual with no reasoning offered.  FYI my oldest is 4 and I'd safely say mv wife and myself have been out for a night out about a dozen times together since his birth; we take our parental responsibilities very serious and it doesnt stoop to child abuse off smaking or hitting a child a slap so young as 3 which you are advocating - that is a disgraceful cowardly act and has no place  in bringing up a child.
You think slapping a 3 year old is child abuse?   :o

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2007, 10:46:31 AM
QuoteAnd do you? and if so why not say - no Pints makes his sweeping statements as usual with no reasoning offered.  FYI my oldest is 4 and I'd safely say mv wife and myself have been out for a night out about a dozen times together since his birth; we take our parental responsibilities very serious and it doesnt stoop to child abuse off smaking or hitting a child a slap so young as 3 which you are advocating - that is a disgraceful cowardly act and has no place  in bringing up a child.
You think slapping a 3 year old is child abuse?   :o

I think a fully grown man hitting a helpless child at 3 a slap is a cowardly and abusive act - do you think it's acceptable.

Hardy

Snowed Under

Quote from: Hardy on November 13, 2007, 11:56:50 AM
What's the threshold age, then?

There's none [Edited by Mod3]  I used 3 as pints wanted to slap a 3 year old for crying, Jesus wept.

Hardy

OK - let's go with the namecalling approach, then, [Edited by Mod3]. What am I to take from this:

Quotesmaking (sic) or hitting a child a slap so young as 3 which you are advocating - that is a disgraceful cowardly act

only the inference that "smaking" or hitting a child of some other age is not quite so reprehensible?

(And that is liberally interpreting your syntax, which in fact classifies the slap as being aged 3).

Aerlik

This is no laughing matter I can tell you.  I fly various "light" aircraft ie up to 10 passengers into and out of minesite airstrips and international airports.  One of my biggest concerns is the effing size of some of the mine workers I have on board.  I carry scales  (150kgs max) on the plane and some people refuse to be weighed so I say fine, you don't fly then the feckers say they are 120kgs only for them to be so fat, the scales can't record them so I put them down at 160kgs.  Then they complain if, when I've done my weight calculations, I say someone has to get off as we are too heavy for take-off.  Again, I call the shots.  Not popular but feck me I'd rather a glutton be left on the ground than the plane crash on take-off due to being over max take-off weight.

And I use the word glutton deliberately. 

I have to take a jet to Perth (as a pax - unfortunately) and we are limited to the amount of baggage we can carry.  Yet, some effing 120kg+ blubbergut who rams crap down his throat 24/7 washed down by 6 pints every night (believe me I see it) is not penalised for being too fat, and can carry the same baggage. 

Too effing right...might get the message through to Aussies that just cos they devour American TV doesn't mean they have to have guts and arses to match.

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Snowed Under

Quote from: Hardy on November 13, 2007, 12:12:21 PM
OK - let's go with the namecalling approach, then, you semi-literate ignoramus. What am I to take from this:

Quotesmaking (sic) or hitting a child a slap so young as 3 which you are advocating - that is a disgraceful cowardly act

only the inference that "smaking" or hitting a child of some other age is not quite so reprehensible?

(And that is liberally interpreting your syntax, which in fact classifies the slap as being aged 3).

You can take from it that I am using this as a discussion board and not an A-Level English Language examination and as such I do not read over what I type or care so much about typo's; its the point I was getting across [Edited by Mod3]

Hardy

The thing about a discussion is that those in discussion need to be able to understand each other. Otherwise it's not much of a discussion. That's why competence in English, rather than a Humpty Dumpty approach to meaning and syntax, is a requirement, not an optional extra, when it comes to sensible discussion.

[Edited By Mod3]