Petrol/Diesel prices in your area

Started by Owenmoresider, November 12, 2007, 12:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 15, 2011, 10:07:32 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on November 12, 2007, 08:54:15 AM
Mcanerneys in armagh was £1.07 On saturday

just picked this one out at random from the 1st page. Imagine if it was still 1.07, there would be some queue outside McAnearneys every day now !!

There's a filling station near Belleek that has been shut for many's a year, price of petrol is 67.9stg :(

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 15, 2011, 10:07:32 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on November 12, 2007, 08:54:15 AM
Mcanerneys in armagh was £1.07 On saturday

just picked this one out at random from the 1st page. Imagine if it was still 1.07, there would be some queue outside McAnearneys every day now !!
I pass it every day and it's 141.9 today!

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 15, 2011, 09:33:30 PM
I have just changed the car for a diesel one after four years in a 2.0L turbo and a hefty petrol bill.  What is the price of diesel across the border?  Is it worthwhile going to Emyvale for a fill up?

It is.. But dont bother even going the length of Emyvale. Call in to Topaz on the main road after Moybridge..Diesel is £126.3.. We`ll even fill it for ya!..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on June 15, 2011, 10:36:16 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on June 15, 2011, 09:33:30 PM
I have just changed the car for a diesel one after four years in a 2.0L turbo and a hefty petrol bill.  What is the price of diesel across the border?  Is it worthwhile going to Emyvale for a fill up?

It is.. But dont bother even going the length of Emyvale. Call in to Topaz on the main road after Moybridge..Diesel is £126.3.. We`ll even fill it for ya!..
For a straight fill of the car it depends on distance travelled. You'll save about 8 quid for a full tank without subtracting diesel and time to get there. I don't bother anymore and I live 3 miles from the border!

el_cuervo_fc

£1.35 on the Newry road in Armagh. There's no staff.  Just paypoints and pumps

upmonaghansayswe

[/quote]

[/quote]For a straight fill of the car it depends on distance travelled. You'll save about 8 quid for a full tank without subtracting diesel and time to get there. I don't bother anymore and I live 3 miles from the border!
[/quote]

I`d drive 3 mile for 8 quid each time!.. Sure bring a few drums with ya too!..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on June 15, 2011, 10:52:44 PM

[/quote]For a straight fill of the car it depends on distance travelled. You'll save about 8 quid for a full tank without subtracting diesel and time to get there. I don't bother anymore and I live 3 miles from the border!
[/quote]

[/quote]I would if I trusted what I was putting in the tank!

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 15, 2011, 11:08:52 PM
Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on June 15, 2011, 10:52:44 PM

For a straight fill of the car it depends on distance travelled. You'll save about 8 quid for a full tank without subtracting diesel and time to get there. I don't bother anymore and I live 3 miles from the border!
[/quote]

[/quote]I would if I trusted what I was putting in the tank!
[/quote]

Oh our stuff is dead on!.. Its owned by Topaz itself so no middle man to do any tinkering!..

Eamonnca1

I filled up with petrol the other day at $3.92/gallon. I make that £0.64/litre or €0.73/litre.

The yanks are complaining about the high cost of "gas" at these prices. They're used to it being $1.10/gallon like it was about ten years ago.

Diesel is unavailable*.

*It is, but you have to know where to look for it because very few filling stations keep the stuff. Rather than switching to diesel they all seem to be obsessed with these hybrid contraptions.

BennyCake

What's the cheapest price these days? Or are you lot all on the red stuff?  :D

The Iceman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 15, 2011, 11:48:00 PM
I filled up with petrol the other day at $3.92/gallon. I make that £0.64/litre or €0.73/litre.

The yanks are complaining about the high cost of "gas" at these prices. They're used to it being $1.10/gallon like it was about ten years ago.

Diesel is unavailable*.

*It is, but you have to know where to look for it because very few filling stations keep the stuff. Rather than switching to diesel they all seem to be obsessed with these hybrid contraptions.

I think the prices level on in America Eamonn. I drove a Corolla in Ireland and got about 50-60 mpg. My woman's Corolla here in NJ would be lucky to get 30 mpg.
Diesel is every where here now and I would definitely consider switching to a manual diesel if i could get one in an SUV or Mini Van. VW have one but it isn't available outside of EU......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2011, 07:07:21 PM
Can't beat the border these days. Best I've seen in the north is 133.9 for diesel.

Tony Baloney

Just back from Silverstream and it's 124.9stg

gawa316

Candyman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 29, 2011, 10:11:33 PM
Just back from Silverstream and it's 124.9stg
Quare good stuff  :D