DRA Ruling

Started by North Longford, November 08, 2007, 09:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

QuoteYou can't blame clubs/counties for taking advantage of the shit rulebook we have.

I certainly do, if clubs/counties can't enter a competition in the spirit of fair-play then the sport is completely pointless.  Form my point-of-view that is the stupidest comment I've seen here in a long time, and that's saying something.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

To be honest the rulebook isn't that shit. Its just that people don't bother reading it.

AZOffaly

People only read the rule book to look for loopholes.

David McKeown

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 08, 2007, 11:03:46 AM
People only read the rule book to look for loopholes.

AZ there just happen to be too many in it.  Part 1 of the official guide especially requires a re-write.  As far as not blaming clubs/counties, I dont think they can be blamed and the issue of fairness runs both ways.  If the GAA cant comply with their own rules then they cant expect the clubs and counties to instead.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AZOffaly

I agree with you David. See my original post on this thread. What I would say is that the reason why the rulebook needs such a revamp is twofold. 1. It is too unwieldy and ambiguous in places, or at least open to interpretation and 2. Because people don't play in the spirit of the game any more. I agree with Billy on this. Do the crime, do the time. Don't be doing the m'lud on it.

North Longford

This was only verbal abuse (not acceptable but not the worst that could have happened) but say he broke a lads jaw with a box....he'd still have gotten off on the technicality....a joke!

Gnevin

Quote from: North Longford on November 08, 2007, 11:33:27 AM
This was only verbal abuse (not acceptable but not the worst that could have happened) but say he broke a lads jaw with a box....he'd still have gotten off on the technicality....a joke!
100% correct North Longford imagen how much of a joke the association would of looked that guy who broke the refs jaw and he gets on not being called his made up Irish name
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.