New York Marathon

Started by Candyman, November 07, 2007, 12:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Anyone complete this or know of anyone who did???
Paul Hagan (the up and coming ladies coach from Blackwatertown who is affiliated with the Armagh Harps GFC ;)) completed the marathon in a time of 5hours 54mins....
Fair Play young Geezer!!!  ;D

bennydorano

Was he not doing it relay style? if so his time is for 6.5 miles,  and the same boy would be lucky doing it on a bike in that time.

Candyman

:D :D :D
havent a clue Benny i just heard about him ringing the club with his news!!!
Well i hope its 5hrs 54mins all in and not that length of time for "the bear" to complete 6.5miles... :o

FL/MAYO

Two friends of mine ran it Sunday, it took 4.5 hours to complete. He said if your going to do one marathon the NYC is the one to do.

dec

I finished in 4:39 (a personal worst), a lot slower than last year. My training hadn't gone particularly well, I had only managed one decent long run so I knew I wasn't in shape. I started slow and got slower, the advantage of that being that I don't feel as sore as I have in previous years

the Deel Rover

if you were to to the New York marathon next year for e.g Dec when would you need to start your training programme
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

dec

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 07, 2007, 03:03:53 PM
if you were to to the New York marathon next year for e.g Dec when would you need to start your training programme
I run throughout the year but the build up for the marathon would start about 18-20 weeks before, around late June or early July.

Gabriel_Hurl

is there a entry requirement for the New York one? I know they put one on the Boston marathon the last few years

Candyman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 07, 2007, 03:40:55 PM
is there a entry requirement for the New York one? I know they put one on the Boston marathon the last few years
Paul hagan did it... I'd be 100% sure there is no entry requirment because he wouldnt meet any of them...  :D
in all honesty though fair play to him!!!

hitzelsperger

the last time i saw hagan run was from the bouncers outside the bot, he didnt look too athletic so id say the marathon was a nightmare!

dec

There are a number of ways to get into the NYC marathon.
1. Run 9 NYRR organized races in the previous year (easy to do if you live in the NYC area)
2. Qualifying time (slightly harder than the Boston times)
3. Lottery
4. Agree to raise money for certain charities that have a number of slots.
5. Foreign organized tours.

dec

Quote from: Candyman on November 07, 2007, 04:15:34 PM
Paul hagan did it... I'd be 100% sure there is no entry requirment because he wouldnt meet any of them...  :D
in all honesty though fair play to him!!!
Photos from the marathon are on line now and you can search my the persons name, http://www.brightroom.com/view_event.asp?EVENTID=18469 I found these of your friend http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=18469&BIB=41172&LNSEARCH=1&PWD=

heganboy

Boston is 3:15 qualifying time. The lazy way in is the organised tour, guarantees you a spot.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

dec

Quote from: heganboy on November 12, 2007, 07:50:47 PM
Boston is 3:15 qualifying time. The lazy way in is the organised tour, guarantees you a spot.

Depends, oul boys and weemin have it easier

http://www.bostonmarathon.org/BostonMarathon/Qualifying.asp

AGE       MEN             WOMEN
18-34    3hrs 10min    3hrs 40min
35-39    3hrs 15min    3hrs 45min
40-44    3hrs 20min    3hrs 50min
45-49    3hrs 30min    4hrs 00min
50-54    3hrs 35min    4hrs 05min
55-59    3hrs 45min    4hrs 15min
60-64    4hrs 00min    4hrs 30min
65-69    4hrs 15min    4hrs 45min
70-74    4hrs 30min    5hrs 00min
75-79    4hrs 45min    5hrs 15min
80 +      5hrs 00min    5hrs 30min

ziggysego

Forget the New York Marathon....

Who's doing the Greencastle 5 Mile Run this St. Stephen's Day?
Testing Accessibility