Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 581446 times)

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #6870 on: April 03, 2021, 11:13:42 PM »
Frampton had said before that he'd retire if he lost and for whatever reason I actually believe it. He's done and has been for a while. Herring is a step below the best in the world around 130/135 and took him out pretty handily.

Good on Jamie Moore throwing in the towel btw.

Herring is probably as bad a match as their is for Frampton at that weight. He has 8 inches of a reach advantage.

Herring is big for 130 but Frampton is also undeniably small. Imagine what the likes of Tank Davis would do to him.. He has no business there or at 125 any more. He's done. Right decision.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: April 03, 2021, 11:27:54 PM »
Herring isn't great but Frampton doesn't throw enough and his footwork isn't good enough to get in close to Herring.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: April 04, 2021, 12:06:55 AM »
Not enough spark or combinations, couldnít get close enough and when Carl tried, was caught, I said before the fight this was his biggest test, he never was able to get into a pattern that would allow him to take control.

Moving up weights will only bring you up against taller opponents, the he gangly tall ones he faced growing up weíre not as strong, Herring had the strength to back up the reach difference.

Felt sorry for him and family down but not surprised but glad heís fit and well to start his new career
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: April 04, 2021, 09:48:24 AM »
That channel 5 set up last night was the worst Iíve seen in a long time. Amateur hour.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: April 04, 2021, 09:57:25 AM »
That channel 5 set up last night was the worst Iíve seen in a long time. Amateur hour.

It was embarrassing, he was reading shit off the clipboard like he was back in primary school
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

the goal was on

• View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: April 04, 2021, 10:30:07 AM »
He definitely didnít improve under Jaime Moore, Jamie Moore. Good fighter but always felt frustrated watching him thinking he had more in tank but in reality he didnít.

6th sam

• View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: April 04, 2021, 03:05:57 PM »
Not enough spark or combinations, couldnít get close enough and when Carl tried, was caught, I said before the fight this was his biggest test, he never was able to get into a pattern that would allow him to take control.

Moving up weights will only bring you up against taller opponents, the he gangly tall ones he faced growing up weíre not as strong, Herring had the strength to back up the reach difference.

Felt sorry for him and family down but not surprised but glad heís fit and well to start his new career

Itís been a difficult few years for Frampton. Thereís so many variables in professional boxing , itís not just about fighting ability . So much politics about getting right fights at right time, and in Framptonís case having to endure a court battle in the midst of it, itís hard to remain focussed. Almost Uniquely amongst Irish sportsmen , he was successful in crossing  the divide here, and earned  respect from all sides . Two fight world champion and uniting communities , some achievements, delighted heís retired with his health intact.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: April 04, 2021, 03:12:56 PM »
Itís a pity things went south with the McGuigans because he maybe had another few good fights under with Shame McGuigan as his coach. He definitely fought his best with that team. Although nowhere near as good for his wallet.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: April 07, 2021, 05:14:33 PM »
Not a lot of Irish fighters out there to get you excited at the minute.  Frampton is gone, Quigley's career seems to have disappeared and Conlan has not really excelled to the levels first thought.  The McKenna brothers, Paddy Donovan and Kurt Walker seem to be the next prospects in line.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: April 07, 2021, 06:26:07 PM »
Not a lot of Irish fighters out there to get you excited at the minute.  Frampton is gone, Quigley's career seems to have disappeared and Conlan has not really excelled to the levels first thought.  The McKenna brothers, Paddy Donovan and Kurt Walker seem to be the next prospects in line.

Joe Ward was a good amateur but his career has been stop start. Irish amateur boxing seems to be in a good place though and no doubt someone will come through in the next few years but I haven't a clue who that is going to be. Disappointed with Sean McComb so far.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: April 07, 2021, 07:09:26 PM »

Joe Ward was a good amateur but his career has been stop start. Irish amateur boxing seems to be in a good place though and no doubt someone will come through in the next few years but I haven't a clue who that is going to be. Disappointed with Sean McComb so far.

Forgot about Ward, he probably is the best of the lot.  Watched his fight there a few weeks ago, hopefully he kicks on now.