Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 435706 times)

Jim Bob

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #6165 on: August 22, 2018, 12:30:22 AM »
I thought Fury looked ok last night. The guys been out for nearly 3 years and ballooned to 27 stone, what he needed more than anything was rounds and he got that. Some of his combinations looked fairly slick to me and his movement off the ropes at times looked very good. Fury always looks a bit awkward and will never have the aesthetic appeal of the likes of others but ffs have a look at Wilderís style. The awkwardness of Fury, his switching to southpaw, his ability to judge distance and avoid being hit, combined with quick hands makes him a very tough opponent. Unless Wilder catches him with one of his windmills if Fury loses concentration, then I expect the fight to be similar to last night and the Wlad fight where Fury jabs all night and rarely gets hit. Unless of course Fury loses the plot before then.
Not much of a power puncher tho, he could paw and slap all night but Wilder, AJ, Whyte, Chisora, Povetkin could spark Any other heavyweight out with one punch.

So? Power punching has never been Fury's game. Didn't stop becoming world champion in Klitschko's backyard.

And then proceeding to bum and blow about it in just about every interview he has done since

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: August 22, 2018, 08:06:41 AM »
Fury isn't a bug one punch knock out artist but he still stops a lot of fighters.  Chisora is a tough man but look at the hiding Fury gave him in their second fight.  Before the weekend I thought it would be too early for Fury and it would be better if he had another 2 fights, but as has been well documented it will likely be the guts of 18/24 months before he gets another shot at Wilder so he has to take it now.  He will beat Wilder too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: August 22, 2018, 09:30:27 AM »
Can anyone confirm or deny that there was "F*#% the pope" songs at Windsor Park on Saturday night?

To be fair anyone going to Windsor Park and getting offended by that type of chanting would need to take a look at themselves.

Spoke to numerous people who attended and heard the chanting inside but more so outside the ground.

Was to be expected. Along with the usual stand up for the ulster men chant that fairly splits the audience.

Thought Frampton looked sharp tbh, even taking into consideration his opponent.  I'd expect him to have too much for Warrington.
Unbelievable Jeff.  In similar news, I was mortally offended by the repeated Ole, Ole, Ole chants.

Indeed!! What exactly is offensive about Stand up for the Ulstermen?

Where did i say i was offended? I'm not. I (along with many of the spectators) just dont stand up and join in. hence it seems to split the audience.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: August 22, 2018, 11:13:22 AM »
Fury isn't a bug one punch knock out artist but he still stops a lot of fighters.  Chisora is a tough man but look at the hiding Fury gave him in their second fight.  Before the weekend I thought it would be too early for Fury and it would be better if he had another 2 fights, but as has been well documented it will likely be the guts of 18/24 months before he gets another shot at Wilder so he has to take it now.  He will beat Wilder too.
Wilder is definitely vulnerable, Ortiz had Wilder in bother shortly before he got stopped but he could punch, Fury's lack of relative power will be exposed here I think, he can paw and slap all he wants but Wilder will walk through those shots and ultimately chin him.

Don Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: August 22, 2018, 11:28:00 AM »
Has anyone seen Nathan Cleverly's twitter feed lately? Something not right with him.

https://twitter.com/NathanClev

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: August 22, 2018, 01:45:24 PM »
Wilder is definitely vulnerable, Ortiz had Wilder in bother shortly before he got stopped but he could punch, Fury's lack of relative power will be exposed here I think, he can paw and slap all he wants but Wilder will walk through those shots and ultimately chin him.

Fury is a far more polished technician who is not as easy to hit clean as is made out.  He switches stances, makes use of his reach, his weight and his stance is frequently narrow and he employs the shoulder roll to deflect most meaningful punches coming his way.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: August 22, 2018, 02:06:52 PM »
He's also been on the sauce for 3 years of his prime and fought 2 dummies in preparation. Collosall step up in class. I wouldn't fancy the Fury of 3 years ago never mind this version.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: August 25, 2018, 09:58:54 PM »

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: August 25, 2018, 10:08:35 PM »
Nuts. Saw something as mad the other week, Scottish boxer Lee McAllister jumping up 5 divisions to knock Danny Williams out.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/44997688

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: August 26, 2018, 03:15:52 PM »
KSI and Logan Paul drew..

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: September 14, 2018, 10:21:25 PM »
GGG or Canelo??

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: September 15, 2018, 05:33:12 AM »
GGG or Canelo??

GGG again. Too big, too strong.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: September 15, 2018, 11:09:44 AM »
BIG DRAMA SHOW
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: September 15, 2018, 09:09:24 PM »
I said years ago that the only thing that beats GGG at MW is age or size. Spike O'Sullivan fighting too, has been outclassed big time any time he has fought top level opponents in the past.

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: September 15, 2018, 09:27:30 PM »
is the draw at 20s worth a punt?