Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Very good business then... I was hoping to head to Vegas for it ffs!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on March 14, 2015, 01:39:25 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2015, 10:12:46 PM
Strange, why wouldn't he want to fight Frampton? Quigg wouldn't bring more hype to the fight than Frampton.

not going to pretend to know...

does he fancy himself against Scott Quigg rather than Frampton?
Jesus lads it's very obvious. Rigo can force Quigg to face him as he is the real WBA champion and Quigg should be his mandatory. The WBA can force Quigg to face Rigo or lose his seondary title.
Rigo isn't in a position to make Frampton do anything, although hopefully from a fans point of view it will get made in the future. Rigo won't be scared of fighting anyone either.

bennydorano

He's looking a handy payday by 'stepping aside' as the mandated fighter to let Frampton v Quigg actually happen. Certainty.

Kidder81

Mayweather v Pac $99 on PPV for HD & $79 for SD  :o in the US

gallsman

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 02, 2015, 12:03:22 AM

That's been the anticipated price since the fight was announced. Positively decent value on sky here in comparison!

Canalman

In fairness , anyone paying that in America will no doubt have plenty of mates over to watch it with them and the cost will be shared.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Canalman on April 02, 2015, 10:23:16 AM

In fairness , anyone paying that in America will no doubt have plenty of mates over to watch it with them and the cost will be shared.

What does it cost here?
Is it on sky box office?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bridgegael

what is spike o sullivan like? havent seen much of him, i see he was to fight eubank next but that is not happening now over the contract.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on April 02, 2015, 12:26:27 AM

That's been the anticipated price since the fight was announced. Positively decent value on sky here in comparison!

If it was on at a reasonable hour on this side of the Atlantic Sky would have fleeced us. I suppose they couldn't justify anything over £20 for a fight starting at 4.30am
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 02, 2015, 10:28:03 PM

If it was on at a reasonable hour on this side of the Atlantic Sky would have fleeced us. I suppose they couldn't justify anything over £20 for a fight starting at 4.30am
Could be a serious disappointment.

gallsman

I wouldn't think the inconvenience of getting out of bed would come into Sky's thinking in the slightest. They know how big the fight is and that if people want to see it they know they'll pay for it. I thought it would have been more.

Syferus

Might be the first fight I get on PPV since Tyson-Lewis. Then again.. sleeping in and downloading it in the morning sounds good too.

HiMucker

Quote from: gallsman on April 02, 2015, 11:18:11 PM

I wouldn't think the inconvenience of getting out of bed would come into Sky's thinking in the slightest. They know how big the fight is and that if people want to see it they know they'll pay for it. I thought it would have been more.
Boxing enthusiasts will get out of bed or stay up and pay it.  But you cant argue that if it was on here at a reasonable hour the ppv sales here wouldnt be much much higher.  I would say that a business like Sky did take that in to account when pricing it at £20.  They would be stupid not to.  I enjoy my boxing, watch plenty of fights, will get this won for free  ;) but with two small kids there is no guarantee I will get up to watch it. 

nrico2006

I heard Khan slabbering earlier this week about fighting either Thurman, Broner or Algieri.  I would have put my house on him picking the worst out of the 3 and he did.  The man is a joke, goes on about deserving to fight Mayweather etc yet doesn't even have a belt.  Kell Brook is an undefeated World Champion and Khan seems to think he is the one who calls the shots.  Never has there been a more annoying fighter, always cherry picking his fights. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'